This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: ID NOW & Ed Card - smooth process

Post Thanks / Like

ID NOW & Ed Card - smooth process

Myself, my husband and our 2 teens tested at 10:20am this morning at Walgreens with the Abbott IDNOW and by 11:20 the results starting coming in (all negative we are all fully vaccinated so no surprises there). Got the results uploaded and we all got the green checkmarks.

I have to say this has caused me more stress worrying that something would go wrong with this process, so it's a HUGE relief to have it all wrapped up, and that it went so easily!

Now we get to enjoy high school graduation tomorrow and 2 weeks on our favorite island starting Saturday!
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you tell me more about this test. Do you buy it and do test at home or something you have them do for you at Walgreens?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I made appts online 3 days prior. We went to the drive-thru pharmacy window. Did not get out of the car. The gave us the swab to open, you swab yourself, use the same swab on each nostril for 15 seconds, then you place it back in the packaging and hand it back thru the window. We did not pay anything, and it took no more than 5 minutes. (longest part was waiting for the cars in front of us picking up their prescriptions). It was extremely easy.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! Did you have to specify what type of test when you made the appointment or do they just offer one type?

Thanks so much and have a ln amazing trip. I'm due to go in July myself!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    congrats to the hs grad!!

enjoy your visit to aruba and safe and easy travels!

Quote Originally Posted by Jen C View Post
    Myself, my husband and our 2 teens tested at 10:20am this morning at Walgreens with the Abbott IDNOW and by 11:20 the results starting coming in (all negative we are all fully vaccinated so no surprises there). Got the results uploaded and we all got the green checkmarks.

I have to say this has caused me more stress worrying that something would go wrong with this process, so it's a HUGE relief to have it all wrapped up, and that it went so easily!

Now we get to enjoy high school graduation tomorrow and 2 weeks on our favorite island starting Saturday!
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaFan22 View Post
    Awesome! Did you have to specify what type of test when you made the appointment or do they just offer one type?

Welcome to the forum ArubaFan22! Walgreens has several tests available, you choose which one you want when you make the appointment. The AbbottIDNow test is an NAAT test. It is accepted by Aruba and you get your results within hours. Have fun in July!

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    They give the option to select the Abbott ID Now

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaFan22 View Post

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the help. This relieves some stress for sure!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    My Wife and I also just finished filling out our ED card this evening, went to walgreens this afternoon for the Abbot ID and had the negative test results by the time i got home. We are arriving saturday also, staying one night at the radisson and then moving to the Oasis condos on Sunday. We've purchased a fourth floor unit, and plan on closing mid june. We are meeting with our managers, Carlo and Maria who also lives on the fourth floor - very convenient! On tuesday we are meeting with our Aruban Notary to sign some papers for the closing. Any remaining free time will be spent on the beach and taking some inventory of the Condo unit. Thanks to Robin and Stu for their great advice when we met with them in March and were looking at properties!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you fill out your ED card prior to receiving your results- and just upload them when they come in?
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 0