This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: January 13, 2022 (2 additional resident deaths)

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy January 13, 2022 (2 additional resident deaths)

411 Residents +

106 Non Residents +

62% of the residents tested were positive.

From FRESH Aruba Radio via DVG
    Today's numbers . Unfortunately two people have died as a result of the virus . One of them was unvaccinated, the other person was vaccinated only once . The total number of deaths due to this is 184. There have been 517 new contamination detected, of which 411 were admitted (local contamination rate 62%). 699 people have been recovered . The total number of active cases is now 2,825. On average, there are 634 new cases per day with an average daily local contamination rate of 63%.

There are now 42 Covid patients in the hospital (16 more than yesterday), four of whom are in ICU (one more than yesterday), next to the three patients still in ICU in Colombia

January 13, 2022 (2 additional resident deaths)-screen-shot-2022-01-13-5-35-09-pm-jpg

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if the daily number of non residents testing positive is somewhat higher. Some may be opting to use those store bought home proctored tests before leaving Aruba. I believe they are allowable right? Just a thought.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am hoping the downward trend continues both in Aruba and in the US/Canada. The CDC thinks there will be a huge drop off soon. Praying for that.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    those Antigen tests, from what I have read are known for making "false negatives"
    Quote Originally Posted by Colette M View Post
    I wonder if the daily number of non residents testing positive is somewhat higher. Some may be opting to use those store bought home proctored tests before leaving Aruba. I believe they are allowable right? Just a thought.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-13-2022 at 09:08 PM.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The Antigen tests are not close to accurate which IMO is why so many test positive when they return. They miss up to 30% of cases where people have no symptoms. I did read about false positives but I believe that rate was between 4-5 percent if my memory serves me right.

The whole situation stinks. Get rid of the testing and let people decide if they are willing to travel is my thought of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    those Antigen tests, from what I have read are known for making "false negatives"
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 01-14-2022 at 02:29 PM.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone would love the testing to go away but then those who are positive will be spreading the virus even more. Agreed…The whole situation stinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    The Antigen tests are not close to accurate which IMO is why so many test positive when they return. They miss up to 30% of cases where people have symptoms. I did read about false positives but I believe that rate was between 4-5 percent if my memory serves me right.

The whole situation stinks. Get rid of the testing and let people decide if they are willing to travel is my thought of the day.
    Last edited by Colette M; 01-14-2022 at 08:21 AM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The stat's I've seen indicate the rapid antigen test produces a false negative "for those with asymptomatic Covid" around 40% of the time. They apparently are quite accurate for those with symptomatic Covid.

Separately, sorry to hear there has been a huge jump in hospitalizations. Hopefully those folks will recover quickly.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct, I forgot the NO part, lol. I have fixed it. Its 85 percent accurate with symptoms which is still not good missing 15 out of 100 positive cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    The stat's I've seen indicate the rapid antigen test produces a false negative "for those with asymptomatic Covid" around 40% of the time. They apparently are quite accurate for those with symptomatic Covid.

Separately, sorry to hear there has been a huge jump in hospitalizations. Hopefully those folks will recover quickly.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0