This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: January 21, 2021...Upcoming new travel rules for flying INTO USA from international

Post Thanks / Like
    On my last trip the NY state rule set by the Gov was a 14 day quarantine. However, if you took a covid test 72 hours prior to flying back and tested negative then tested again on day 4 of your return, 2 negative tests results would end the quarantine.

I did all that was required but I also had to fill out a mandatory travel health form in NY and they had a desk at the baggage claim area in JFK but I filled it out online. They asked me at luggage claim if I filled it out and I said yes and showed them on my cell phone. On the form I gave my info address, cell, flight I answered that I took a covid test prior to coming back home and was negative etc. They kept texting me for 14 straight days asking me if I was home following the mandatory 14 day quarantine. I was also warned that a Marshall could show up at my door or that I could get a phone call neither of which happened but the daily text was annoying especially since I followed the rules and they still required me to quarantine for 14 days.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they need a provision where you test 3 days before and test 4 or 5 days later and if both are negative the quarantine ends. Hopefully that will happen. I also would like to know how they will enforce it. Personally, I think we have a better chance of getting it at home than in Aruba. For us with someone who works with Covid patients living in our home, is a greater risk, I would think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I think they need a provision where you test 3 days before and test 4 or 5 days later and if both are negative the quarantine ends. Hopefully that will happen. I also would like to know how they will enforce it. Personally, I think we have a better chance of getting it at home than in Aruba. For us with someone who works with Covid patients living in our home, is a greater risk, I would think.
    Thats how it was in Ct in October. I got back on friday, tested monday went back to my office. Like others have said, impossible to enforce . i own my own business and own the building , you are going to say I cant go there?? Sorry not happening. I'm all about being safe but at some point its a over kill. For as much as I don't like our governor , he has done a good job balancing safety and common sense . I cant wait to get back to Aruba.
    0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think these measures are reasonable. As “inconvenient” as it is, overall safety of not just myself is much more important than my desire to travel. The reality is that people are still coming home with covid. My initial thought on the 72 hour testing requirement before coming home today was that I still
    had 71 hours to contract the virus so isolating + testing a few days after coming home would have been the move anyway.

it certainly puts a cramp on my travel plans as I wanted to travel internationally in March, but I think I will live.

We need to get this covid crap under control.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be having my second dose of the vaccine one month before going to Aruba. Can't wait to see what they will do with those who have the vaccine in Aruba and the US. They give us a paper with the dates of the vaccine but it doesn't look very official, only a small piece of paper.
    0 0

Druif Beach, Divi Divi AI, Red Sail Sports, Black Pearl
    Post Thanks / Like
    It reads as though one must get Covid test before leaving Aruba and returning to USA. How? Immediate result?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are reading it correctly

https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements

scroll down til you see the Jan 12 update announcement
    Quote Originally Posted by jabooty View Post
    It reads as though one must get Covid test before leaving Aruba and returning to USA. How? Immediate result?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-25-2021 at 08:49 AM.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0