This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January 3, 2022

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

January 3, 2022

405 Residents +

136 Non Residents +

62% of the residents tested were positive

Summary of the COVID-19 household in Aruba.

ORANJESTAD - 03 January 2022. According to a summary of awe 673 people recovered and a total of 541 new cases of COVID-19 to Keda recorded of which 136 ta non-resident. E cifranan aki ta represents a 'Positivity rate' bou di nos resident of 62%. E amount of di active cases of COVID-19 pa awe ta 2991 and amount di fayecidonan relate cu COVID-19 ta 181. Data ta illustrates the new case of COVID with a weekly averahe of 586 pa dia and a weekly 'positivity rate' of 59% pa dia.

Currently na Aruba tin 14 internal person debi na COVID di which den ICU tin 3 person and riba general floor tin 11. Na Colombia tin currently 3 person den ICU and no (0) reba general floor.

January 3, 2022-d166234c-53ca-4de9-b58b-58d5feb59765-jpg

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. How can the health department handle quarantine for all these people each day? (non residents)
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    No, from all recent reports they are struggling.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    New record number of active non-resident cases on the Island (646). This even with the new shorter isolation period.

The positivity rate (62%) is simply stunning.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been traveling a lot in the past year (Jamaica, Turks, Mexico, Jamaica, Aruba) and was never really nervous. I took all precautions and stayed safe. This new wave has me VERY worried. We still wear masks, but my kids go back to school tomorrow where masks are not mandatory, and between athletics, lunch, and choir, I know they will be exposed. I've gone two years and not gotten sick, but I think that streak is about to end... especially with quarantine reduced down to 5 days.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    I have been traveling a lot in the past year (Jamaica, Turks, Mexico, Jamaica, Aruba) and was never really nervous. I took all precautions and stayed safe. This new wave has me VERY worried. We still wear masks, but my kids go back to school tomorrow where masks are not mandatory, and between athletics, lunch, and choir, I know they will be exposed. I've gone two years and not gotten sick, but I think that streak is about to end... especially with quarantine reduced down to 5 days.
    Agree - this is very scary!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    big sigh..........reminder that the numbers posted today are reflective of yesterday's testing.
    less residents test on the weekends than on weekdays.

this is such a challenge...........for EVERYONE....the tourists, the travel industry , the ATA and the AHATA, EVERYONE is challenged with this covid pandemic.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    big sigh..........reminder that the numbers posted today are reflective of yesterday's testing.
    less residents test on the weekends than on weekdays.

this is such a challenge...........for EVERYONE....the tourists, the travel industry , the ATA and the AHATA, EVERYONE is challenged with this covid pandemic.
    Yes for sure - for all concerned! Seems to be more risky now to travel internationally than at the beginning of the pandemic since this variant is the most contagious we’ve had.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Most likely they may have to stop allowing tourist to enter until this blows over . With the current non resident high infection rate and unable to house them for quarantine it might be an option.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Most likely they may have to stop allowing tourist to enter until this blows over . With the current non resident high infection rate and unable to house them for quarantine it might be an option.
    I agree. Sounds like the best alternative right now but I know it is sad for tourism.
    0 0