This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: July 27, 2021. feel free to skip right over this posting

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down July 27, 2021. feel free to skip right over this posting

47 Residents +
    8 Non residents +

19.6% Residents tested that were positive.

July 27, 2021. feel free to skip right over this posting-screen-shot-2021-07-27-1-54-01-pm-jpgJuly 27, 2021. feel free to skip right over this posting-screen-shot-2021-07-27-1-53-38-pm-jpg
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    These numbers are scary (and the blurb about the #s breakdown). Definitely rethinking trip next month. I know alot can change in 3wks, but I'm afraid the changes ahead could be worse and not better.

Andrea - I also read your post from the person who relayed info about their fully vaccinated adult son testing positive while on the island. very concerning
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    These numbers are just discouraging, sad and frustrating. It feels like we’re moving backwards and it’s the same everywhere.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with all that Peg said-wow.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    That posting that you read was from another member who read someone’s posting on another message forum and posted it on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlrhoxie View Post
    These numbers are scary (and the blurb about the #s breakdown). Definitely rethinking trip next month. I know alot can change in 3wks, but I'm afraid the changes ahead could be worse and not better.

Andrea - I also read your post from the person who relayed info about their fully vaccinated adult son testing positive while on the island. very concerning
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    SMH for the numbers everywhere. The vaccinated people reopened the world and lifted restrictions, and now the unvaccinated will impose restrictions and close things down again. On the news last night, they said France is requiring vaccinations for people dining in restaurants, bars, movies, theaters, etc. Maybe the rest of the world needs to do the same thing.

https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/fra...ation-79073397

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    That posting that you read was from another member who read someone’s posting on another message forum and posted it on this forum.
    Yes it was from me. It was a quote from a member on another forum. Is anyone disputing its validity?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the updates. I’m particularly interested in the breakdown. I wonder if the government will soon be reinstating restrictions. It’s a shame that the numbers went up so soon after all the restrictions were lifted.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mlrhoxie View Post
    I also read your post from the person who relayed info about their fully vaccinated adult son testing positive while on the island. very concerning
    I'm not sure it's that concerning? It's at the least what we all expected to happen. We are just in another stage of the pandemic now where the virus is running rampant among the not-vaccinated. We knew this would happen. The vaccines do not offer 100% protection against infection(we know these as breakthrough infections). What the vaccines do is prevent serious illness and hopitilization in almost all cases, they quote specifically do NOT prevent you from catching the virus itself and testing positive doing a PCR test.

Its the basic risk of travel nowadays. I'm fully vaccinated with Pfizer and I'm going to NYC on vacation soon. I know I need to be ready for the chance I test positive, because there's a chance it happens and it shouldn't surprise me or anyone else I'm traveling with should one of us or more test positive. In Aruba it's easy. You have the insurance and they set you up in a nice place, can order food, have your laundry done etc. Still not certain how it works in NYC yet.
    Last edited by Arawak; 07-27-2021 at 05:36 PM.
    0 3