This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: March 18.............just brace yourselves

Post Thanks / Like
    Crowds of people either inside or out, no masks, fueled by alcohol leads to virus spread. NH counts have gone way down BUT colleges that remained open are seeing spikes (Mostly off campus gatherings). When people follow the directions the counts remain low. Among the lessons I learned this year....many many people think the rules are for everyone else...but not for 'them'. Aruba residents are like people everywhere!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by annf View Post
    Crowds of people either inside or out, no masks, fueled by alcohol leads to virus spread. NH counts have gone way down BUT colleges that remained open are seeing spikes (Mostly off campus gatherings). When people follow the directions the counts remain low. Among the lessons I learned this year....many many people think the rules are for everyone else...but not for 'them'. Aruba residents are like people everywhere!
    My favourites are the people that strap the the mask to their face... underneath their nostrils. Sigh.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the news conference is ongoing
    I am not able to translate

a police spokeswoman is now speaking

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    My favourites are the people that strap the the mask to their face... underneath their nostrils. Sigh.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the news conference is ongoing
    I am not able to translate

a police spokeswoman is now speaking
    That's probably a sign they're going to step up enforcement and curfew.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    New measures effective tomorrow, Saturday March 20, 2021:* Restaurants: maximum 2 people at one table* Social events / home visits: not allowed* Funerals: maximum 10 people present* Sports: individual sports and group sports without public will remain permitted, the gym must continue to follow rules and use a face mask* Protocols: continue to apply to all companies and schools* Bars: remain closed* Entertainment: one artist; dancing not allowed* Curfew: stays from midnight to 5:00 am* Area prohibition: stays from 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM* No grouping together: maximum two people
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The gym one is "interesting".
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Robin and Act1966! The ability to enforce is going to be crucial. Also read that Blue Moon a bar in Tanki Landert that was ordered to stay closed until Monday opened anyway. Police closed it again. Clearly heavy fines might be a better penalty.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I may have to cancel my May trip. Too Risky for me with being a diabetic and high BMI. I noticed 477 people were tested at the airport today. I wonder if the non resident positive are as a result of those tests or people testing for return back home. Hopefully we will get some insight tomorrow.
    We took a calculated risk in coming down last year but we weighed it against the fact we were staying for an extended period of time and that we just knew Toronto was going to be a disaster zone. If we were still in the position of only being able to come down for 2-3 weeks, we definitely would not have taken the risk. Now that we've been here and safe for almost five months, we're not going anywhere until vaccinated. And. Yes. I'm. Dying. To. Go. Anywhere.

By, "anywhere", I mean, "any restaurant I've ever reviewed on this forum". Seriously. Even the restaurants I haven't reviewed. I'm going stir crazy.
    Last edited by act1966; 03-19-2021 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Learn How To Use An Apostrophe
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    This was really educational...I hope they get it under control and ramp up their vaccine distribution. It's the only way if people are not going to obey..
    0 0