This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: My COVID Experience June 21 Trip - all ok, lot fuss over nothing... our experience

Post Thanks / Like

Post My COVID Experience June 21 Trip - all ok, lot fuss over nothing... our experience

Just returned first trip to Aruba in a year. June 10 - 15 all good.
    Here is what I learned about the Covid, first for me it was very hard to get good info on what to do and not to do, so I leave this post.

1. Get you Test at Home:
    - get the right type, must be listed on report (PCR...)
    - get within 72hrs before board plane to Aruba, note some lab reports put the DATE but NOT time on it, if no time they assume 8am (tricky)
    - must be Administered (not self done, must be health pro that sticks the swap up your nose... and results on report should say ADMISTERED
    - so report needs to have: Lab name, Your Name, Your DOB, Test type, Date/Time done, Administered, Negative result
    - assuming you get this ... again watch the 72hour rule, simply PRINT it out
    - I tried to send to Aruba thru health, ed system, mine was rejected (no idea why), my wife's got no response ok or not ? emailed with them several times back and forth... was told to just print and bring... I was worried we would be told to get airport test... a lot of worry over nothing.

2. Get your ED card / Insurance, the Aruba Health app does NOTHING that I can see, did nothing for us on whole trip.
    - OK ... don't do this UNTIL you have your Lab Results from above and can submit... this may make it go better
    - my test did not have time on it, so they assumed 8am and rejected it... I think this is what went wrong ??? but no big deal

3. So got to airport with Printed results in hand.

4. go thru Passport line (same as always) but they have 4 - 6 lines each with a person that would inspect your covid report
    - got to person, gave them our reports, looked them over, all ok, took <30sec
    - gave us each 2 CARDS... see later what these for

5. go thru passport control, same as before

6. get luggage...

7. NOW you got first CARD says you OK, you can get in line to leave airport
    - if not get ok card you have to go get airport covid test... I only saw <4 people going over here... not many

8. Out of airport, go to hotel

9. At Hotel you give them the 2nd CARD says you OK... no quarantine at hotel for you...

10. get a drink and enjoy ARUBA... it is great

So only tricky thing for me was getting the timing and making sure test was administered.
    First one did not have TIME on it, just date, I think rejected since they assume 8am and my flight was 11am so it was 75 hours ahead of flight!
    We got test next day and now all was fine when showed it at airport.
    So I assume if you get it all right the first time (not like me) then if you submit to Aruba Health they will OK it sooner, and you get a ED printout that shows it is ok... then might be 10sec faster in line...
    But as long as you have the Lab report in hand, all legit, got the ED CARD with Insurance you will breeze thru.

Coming Home, did the Antigen test at resort $50, got printed report... I did use AA verifly and this worked well. But gain just
    have it printed and can show as check in ... Verifly worked ok both ways and did make check in at airport a bit simpler... this is how
    AA does it... other airlines have own apps for this... and going home they say 3 DAYS... not 72 Hours... so can get test at 8am but fly later
    in day 3 days later...

I hope this reduces stress for someone... we worried really for nothing... just get the right test at right time and bring printed report... all OK.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the information! One thing that seems different on my paperwork is that it does not say administered anywhere. I got the ID Now test at Walgreens, which many other people on this forum have done. This is done in the drive through at Walgreens, and although they watch you swab, they do not actually do it themselves. They verify that you did it though. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has done the ID now test, to see if this was an issue for them.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly my stress won't be reduced until test coming home is gone which I don't expect to happen soon.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, thank you for your report. I am due to visit end of Sept. Tim.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vesposit View Post
    I did use AA verifly and this worked well. But gain just
    have it printed and can show as check in ... Verifly worked ok both ways and did make check in at airport a bit simpler... this is how
    AA does it... other airlines have own apps for this
    Thanks for the detailed summary. I'm sure it'll help settle a lot of nerves. One note on Verifly - the American Airlines check-in desk at AUA definitely looked at it. We were connecting through Charlotte when heading back to Toronto - the AA check-in desk there didn't look at the app and only wanted to review printed copies.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    created new thread with postings from here.
    "turnaround testing timing"
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0