This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: New Requirements Effective next week

Post Thanks / Like

New Requirements Effective next week

https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements

I saw the post on FB but haven't read all of it yet.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    SEPT. 24 UPDATE ON ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

The Government of Aruba together with the Department of Public Health continuously monitors the situation based on a range of factors and epidemiological indicators to assess risk levels. As per September 24 2020 changes will be made to the testing requirements for specific states to ensure safeguards are in line with the latest circumstances.
    To increase safety measures for the health and wellbeing of travelers and our locals, visitors from the United States residing in below states will require additional testing. See theCOVID-19 Testing Requirements page for the exact details for your state.

• Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • Florida
    • Iowa
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky*
    • Louisiana
    • Maryland*
    • Minnesota*
    • Missouri*
    • Montana*
    • Nebraska*
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota*
    • Oklahoma
    • Pennsylvania*
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Utah
    • Virginia*
    • Wisconsin
    • Wyoming

States marked with an asterisk* will go into effect on September 24th.
    We recognize this causes an extra step for those wanting to travel, however, these are necessary safeguards designed to keep Aruba safe and free of health risks.
    Per September 24th, the following states have been removed from this list:

• Alabama
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Georgia
    • Idaho
    • Mississippi
    • Nevada
    • Ohio
    • Oregon
    • Texas

See the COVID-19 Testing Requirements page for the exact details for your state.
    Please continue to check this Traveler Health Requirements page for updates.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Should we just move before November and establish residency in another state (joking of course)
    I was finally feeling good about our trip then I saw this today and it made me so sad to see our state on the list, but honestly not surprised. I talked myself down by saying we still have 2 months for things to change. And if not, we test at a couple places and hope for the best.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say move!
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Should we just move before November and establish residency in another state (joking of course)
    I was finally feeling good about our trip then I saw this today and it made me so sad to see our state on the list, but honestly not surprised. I talked myself down by saying we still have 2 months for things to change. And if not, we test at a couple places and hope for the best.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I no longer feel confident and will probably cancel my December trip. I will see how it goes first.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if the they have told the Arubans if they don't start following guidelines, the restrictions will be harsher and have greater fines and jail time.

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I expected and expect changes to occur over the next few months. Hopefully, things get better!

0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    People who aren’t following guidelines really don’t care. Hard to believe but nothing surprises me these days...

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I wonder if the they have told the Arubans if they don't start following guidelines, the restrictions will be harsher and have greater fines and jail time.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    can somebody help me understand what these changes mean? I read the rules but I’m still confused

For PA resident—Is the new change for Pennsylvania mean that if I get a Molecular PCR test before I leave Pennsylvania 72 hours before my flight then I don’t need to retest when I land in Aruba.Am I understanding this correctly
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes
    actually the test needs to be loaded in to the ED card site approx 12 hrs prior to fight time, so you really want the test results back in 60 hrs.

if your test is negative then you will not have to test in Aruba.
    if your test is something other than the PCR test, Aruba will allow you to board the plane and then re test in Aruba (PCR)...then quarantine at your resort til the results come back ...anywhere 4 to 12 hrs.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanessa View Post
    can somebody help me understand what these changes mean? I read the rules but I’m still confused

For PA resident—Is the new change for Pennsylvania mean that if I get a Molecular PCR test before I leave Pennsylvania 72 hours before my flight then I don’t need to retest when I land in Aruba.Am I understanding this correctly

0 0