This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News for those fully Vaccinated

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

News for those fully Vaccinated

https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-he...avel#providers

The Aruban government introduces a new program that will accept the SMART Health Card standard to verify COVID-19 vaccination status for entry.

Last Updated: July 12th, 2021history
    Valid Through: Today
    In its ongoing efforts to make travel to One happy island as convenient and safe as possible, and as part of the Traveler Health Requirements, the Aruban government is happy to announce that, beginning July 14th, 2021, some U.S. residents who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 may be exempt from the COVID-19 testing requirement for entry to Aruba. Continue reading to learn who is eligible.
    The Aruban government will still require that the proof of vaccination meet the requirements as part of the Aruba online Embarkation/Disembarkation (ED Card) process. While the program is being introduced for eligible travelers, other travelers who may not be eligible will still need to provide a negative COVID-19 test prior to entry to Aruba.
    To determine if you may be eligible, please read the information provided in detail and review the steps required. Note: all protocols are subject to change at the discretion of the Aruban government, so please check back frequently for updates.
    Continue reading to find out:
    · Who is eligible?
    · What is a SMART Health Card?
    · Where do I get my SMART Health Card?
    · How do I present my proof of vaccination?
    · Frequently Asked Questions
    WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
    At this time, U.S. residents are able to travel to Aruba without providing proof of a negative COVID-19 test if they meet all of the following requirements:
    · Have been vaccinated with an FDA or EMA authorized COVID-19 vaccine in the U.S. See the list in the FAQ.
    · And are fully vaccinated for COVID-19: Either receiving both doses for 2-dose vaccines (a single dose for 1-dose vaccines).

· And 14 days must have passed since they received their last COVID-19 vaccine before traveling.

· And have a SMART® Health Card vaccine record.

· And use the CommonPass digital health app as part of Aruba’s 
ED Card online travel qualification process before their flight.

WHAT IS A SMART HEALTH CARD?
    A SMART Health Card is a paper or digital version of your clinical information, such as vaccination history or test results. They allow you to keep a copy of your records on hand and easily share this information with others if you choose. SMART Health Cards contain this information in a format that is secure, portable, and easy for entities like airlines, governments, and venues to verify. When scanned, a verifier can easily see that the information on the card has not been tampered with, making SMART Health Cards a safe and reliable way to demonstrate health status.
    Learn more on the SMART Health Card website.

WHERE DO I GET MY SMART HEALTH CARD?
    SMART Health Cards are digitally verifiable vaccination records that are provided by pharmacies, doctor’s offices, or state registries.
    At this time, the following vaccination providers provide SMART Health Cards:
    · For those vaccinated at any U.S. Walmart pharmacy.

· For those vaccinated at any U.S. Sam’s Club pharmacy.

· For those vaccinated at any healthcare provider in California.
    · For those vaccinated at any healthcare provider in Louisiana.

HOW DO I SHOW PROOF OF VACCINATION?
    The SMART Health Card proof of vaccination needs to be presented before your flight to Aruba as part of Aruba’s online ED Card travel qualification process.
    For this, you will need to use the CommonPass digital health app to store your SMART Health Card.
    · If the CommonPass app asks, use the invitation code 2ARUBA (starting July 14th)
    · Create a “Travel to Aruba” pass in CommonPass by scanning or uploading your SMART Health Card.
    · Your minted pass will show a CommonPass ID under the QR code, use this when completing your Aruba online ED Card process for instant vaccine verification.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see that Aruba is trying to move forward in allowing fully vaccinated people to enter the country without testing. That’s a good thing. However, it’s a limited number of people who are actually eligible despite being fully vaccinated. I was vaccinated at CVS and Tom was vaccinated at MGH so neither of us would be able to take advantage of this. Quite possibly, CVS and other pharmacies will also choose to participate with the Smart Health Card. Baby steps I guess.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I had mine done at a hospital for heaven's sake. Sorry, but I am not happy about this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I can see that Aruba is trying to move forward in allowing fully vaccinated people to enter the country without testing. That’s a good thing. However, it’s a limited number of people who are actually eligible despite being fully vaccinated. I was vaccinated at CVS and Tom was vaccinated at MGH so neither of us would be able to take advantage of this. Quite possibly, CVS and other pharmacies will also choose to participate with the Smart Health Card. Baby steps I guess.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree!!

We are vaccinated thru the Dept of Public Health in FLA- Polk County.
    Our state is so far behind, I would imagine that we will be needing Covid tests for years to come

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    SIDTM

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Agree!!

We are vaccinated thru the Dept of Public Health in FLA- Polk County.
    Our state is so far behind, I would imagine that we will be needing Covid tests for years to come
    Oh, I really hope the COVID testing won’t last that long!! We have pretty much ruled out Aruba for this year as we’re just not willing to risk a false positive on return.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    I had mine done at a hospital for heaven's sake. Sorry, but I am not happy about this at all.

I’m definitely not thrilled about it either but I feel they are trying to find a safe solution for those who have been vaccinated. Never thought we would go this long without returning to the island.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just for kicks and giggles, I left a message for Medical Records at the hospital where I received my vaccine shots to see if it's possible to get a digital version of my vaccination card. They entered all kinds of info in the computer when I was there so they must have something!

I have to admit I'm pretty ticked off about this. I did what my government asked me to do to help save my own life and potentially millions of others; I got fully vaccinated at the first opportunity. And now because people are too - or - to get vaccinated, well, let's just say I have no use for them. Sorry.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-12-2021 at 06:26 PM. Reason: edit out 2 words as someone was "insulted"
    0 4

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul and I just had a similar conversation.
    It was kind of ridiculous as our voices were on the verge of being arguing.
    And we are on the same side.

We did what was asked, we were medically able to receive the shots and those that are too - or too -, make it harder for those that play by the rules.

I understand Aruba is doing what is necessary.
    Those white CDC cards are easily forged.

So, Aruba has begun the process and it will get easier.
    These are just Baby Steps.

Just for kicks and giggles, I left a message for Medical Records at the hospital where I received my vaccine shots to see if it's possible to get a digital version of my vaccination card. They entered all kinds of info in the computer when I was there so they must have something!

I have to admit I'm pretty ticked off about this. I did what my government asked me to do to help save my own life and potentially millions of others; I got fully vaccinated at the first opportunity. And now because people are too or to get vaccinated, well, let's just say I have no use for them. Sorry.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-12-2021 at 06:27 PM. Reason: edited out 2 words
    SIDTM

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with all of you and understand that the white vaccine cards are somehow being sold fraudulently and Aruba needs to take baby steps. I wish there was a way for them to identify the real cards. This is very frustrating to most of us since very few went to Walmart or Sams for the vaccine. Mega sites were the first to make vaccines available so that’s where we went. Maybe each state will start providing digital versions but I am sure they will all be different and may not be acceptable.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit I'm pretty ticked off about this. I did what my government asked me to do to help save my own life and potentially millions of others; I got fully vaccinated at the first opportunity. And now because people are too selfish or stupid to get vaccinated, well, let's just say I have no use for them. Sorry.
    I agree 100%!
    0 0