This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Not Aruba

Post Thanks / Like

Not Aruba

A quick read by a travel reporter that tested positive in another Caribbean country and had to isolate. Doesn't apply to Aruba, but it's a view of what an isolated family might go through.

TPG reader story: What it’s like to test positive on our way home from vacation (thepointsguy.com)
    5 0

Post Thanks / Like
    This should be required reading for anyone thinking about taking an international trip.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree. As bad as this family’s experience was, at least St Lucia’s resort offered a COVID 19 package rate “just in case” you test positive so you stay at resort. That’s not happening in most islands.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt, thanks for sharing. May make some think twice about traveling internationally right now!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for sharing that Walt!!!

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting article from the perspective of someone who has been through it definitely food for thought.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Very good read and something all travelers should consider. One thing everyone should do right now is purchase additional insurance that covers covid related costs such as extended lodging stays, food, flights, etc. I'm currently refusing international trips that have a departure within the next month. I'm hoping by mid Feb. things start to even out, and by March we start seeing numbers similar to Sept/Oct if not less.

I know here in TX many people are completely against masking, vaccines, etc. Going to the grocery store has become a game of dodge the cough/sneeze. I have clients that take absolutely no precautions, and now they are shocked when I refuse to book them internationally without travel insurance.

It's killing me, but I had to turn down a trip to Jamaica, and waiting to see what will happen for my trip to Mexico in April. We are heading to Aruba in June as a family, and I will just cry if I have to cancel it.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the post Walt!
    0 0