This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: October 22

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

October 22

18 Residents +
    2 Non residents +

1 additional death

October 22-screen-shot-2020-10-22-4-21-06-pm-jpg
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea I did that math you showed me on how to figure out number tested. How do they figure out positivity rate? Do they calculate cumulative or are they calculating on a daily basis?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know.
    I did some percentages myself and they came out less than what the health dept posted.
    But remember...........in math class in the 60s, I copied off my neighbor.

I don't know.
    I just copy and paste

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Andrea I did that math you showed me on how to figure out number tested. How do they figure out positivity rate? Do they calculate cumulative or are they calculating on a daily basis?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I never got the math right either but I figured out how they calculate the positive rates. They only count the residents not the non residents and the hospital test. They tested 150, 18 came out positive residents. So 18 positive residents divided by 150 resident hospital testing equals 12% as their article state.

Latest Updates
    October 22, 2020 – 20 new cases of COVID-19 reported and 36 recoveries. 1 person passes away. Active cases decrease to 233. Curfew ends and is replaced by “area ban”. The total number of active COVID-19 coronavirus cases has decreased to 233 (226 residents and 7 visitors) with 20 new cases (18 residents and 2 non-residents) and 36 recoveries. The total cases to date is 4389 (4326 residents and 63 visitors). The total recovered is 4120 (4064 residents and 56 visitors). The number of persons tested, including visitors, is now 37370 of which 17251 were persons tested at the airport. 150 hospital lab tests were done since last report, indicating a local positivity rate of 12%. The number of deaths related to COVID-19 is now 36 (all residents). Sincere condolences to the family of the deceased. There are currently 13 persons hospitalized, 2 of whom are in intensive care.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I don't know.
    I did some percentages myself and they came out less than what the health dept posted.
    But remember...........in math class in the 60s, I copied off my neighbor.

I don't know.
    I just copy and paste
    They are only testing those who are showing some symptoms, not any one who wants a test. Thats why the % positive has been high. If you are only testing 50 people and 20 test positive thats 40%
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    My friend and his family thought they may had been exposed.
    They were tested recently, and tested negative.
    They showed no symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by EDMLS1358 View Post
    They are only testing those who are showing some symptoms, not any one who wants a test. Thats why the % positive has been high. If you are only testing 50 people and 20 test positive thats 40%
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    They have come a long way. When they opened up on July 10th to US they only had 4 active cases and by 9/16 they had 1,630 active cases, 40 in hospital, of 11 were intensive care. As of today 205 active cases and positivity rate 10%, 12 in hospital, 2 intensive care so a vast improvement on recoveries which means less patients in hospitals and fewer reported negative cases.
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 10-23-2020 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Updating data
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    what they are doing is finally working.
    they are testing, they are educating, they are mandating and enforcing.
    0 0