This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: October 24, 2021

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

October 24, 2021

7 Residents +

0 Non residents +

13% of those residents tested were positive

Summary di casonan di covid19 na aruba.
    ORANJESTY-24 oktober 2021. Second recap di awe 10 person to recover and total di 7 case nobo di COVID-19 a keda register di which resident tur ta. E cifranan aki ta represents a 'Positivity rate' bou di nos residentenan di 13 %. E quantity di casonan active di COVID-19 pa awe ta 145 and quantity di fayecidonan relate cu COVID-19 ta 171. Data ta illustra casonan nobo di COVID when a weekly average di 12 case pa day and averahe di 'positivity rate' weekly di 9 % pa day.

Currently na Aruba tin 10 internal person debi na COVID di which den ICU tin 5 person, riba general floor tin 5 Person and na Colombia tin currently 16 person den intensive care.

October 24, 2021-screen-shot-2021-10-24-3-40-25-pm-jpg

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Andrea,
    The percentage of residents testing positive bounces all over the place. Is the percentage based on the number of total residents testing on that particular day? Thank you so much for any input you can provide.
    Best to you and yours,
    Lesa
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes
    the numbers that I posted for today, were from yesterday's tests.
    13% of those residents tested on Oct 23 were positive.

hope all is well with you too..........we are expecting Fall to show up this week here in Polk County. How about in your neck of the woods?
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelNLesa View Post
    Dear Andrea,
    The percentage of residents testing positive bounces all over the place. Is the percentage based on the number of total residents testing on that particular day? Thank you so much for any input you can provide.
    Best to you and yours,
    Lesa
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, we're not expecting fall like weather for another two months unless a cold, not cool, front moves through. Still swimming in the pool but do have a solar/thermal heater (the kind that sits on the roof) to take the edge off the very slightly cooler nights.
    I do have to share this funny, not so funny tidbit. Since my husband officially retired in July, we decided to share my car, a 2015 Genesis. We gave his ancient but still good 2010 Nissan Altima to his 86 yoa mother because she needed it more than we did and reasonably priced cars have been tough to come by among other reasons. She only drives in her town of Leesburg, FL and only during daylight hours so it's good for her. This afternoon we went to the little shopping center a few blocks from our house and I dropped my husband off at the pool store while I did our banking. Got in the car to pick him up and all the electronic stuff went crazy--lights blinking, analog clock was going round and round--not sure about digital clock, windshield wipers swiped then stopped and the rear window shade went up and couldn't go down. The car wouldn't start either! Lucky we were close to home and we had a delish early dinner at a Mexican/Spanish restaurant in the same shopping center while waiting on the 1 to 1.5 hour estimated wait for the tow truck to arrive. He was there in 1.25 hours and was wonderful! Walked home and are thankful that we hadn't needed any pool chems! If this had happened in January or February it would've been a much more pleasant walk! I guess we're in training for Aruba, LOL!
    Last edited by TravelNLesa; 10-26-2021 at 09:21 PM.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the car sounds "possessed !"

yup...glad that you were not lugging chemicals .

our pool thermostat is set on 86!!
    the heat has been clicking on every so often over the last few weeks.
    0 0