This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: October 26

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

October 26

2 Residents +
    0 Non residents +

Reminder these are Sunday #'s

October 26-screen-shot-2020-10-26-5-30-33-pm-jpg
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it sounds weird, but I actually feel safer here in Aruba than in Ohio when it comes to COVID! They are really taking a lot of precautions here, including taking your name, phone number and where you're staying for what I assume is contract tracing purposes. Lots of hand sanitizer everywhere, masks required, temp checks and so on. It's good to see!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

Hubby's pictures from our Oct 2020 trip:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...BH?usp=sharing

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't think it sounds weird at all!! It seems like the "getting there" part is more stressful. Personally, you probably ARE safer there!

Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    I know it sounds weird, but I actually feel safer here in Aruba than in Ohio when it comes to COVID! They are really taking a lot of precautions here, including taking your name, phone number and where you're staying for what I assume is contract tracing purposes. Lots of hand sanitizer everywhere, masks required, temp checks and so on. It's good to see!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    agree.

it is stressful thinking about the testing and making those plans.
    I hope that some of us here can ease the stress by reporting our experiences.

in Aruba, it seems to me that people are more respectful.
    mask wearing is not only to prevent ME from catching something, it is to prevent ME from giving my germs to YOU.
    it is all about respect and following protocols.

in Aruba, it is not a political thing...mask wearing.

the few articles that I have read and the few that I have seen on the news about air travel also is more encouraging.
    the folks on planes are doing a great job of keeping their masks on (maybe in fear of going viral on you tube ) and the airlines are keeping folks separated the best they can...although some airlines have gone back to plane packing.

Arubans lives depend on tourism. that is all they got. they have got to get this right. they sure are trying and so are we.

disclosure...........2 weeks ago at one of the resorts it was reported by a couple of forum members and verified, that many many folks were breaking the rules and being reckless.
    the blame goes primarily to parents who did a very poor job of keeping their kids safe during a school break for Aruban kids.
    0 1

Happy hour, the beach, and the local restaurants
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree we got together with the people we are traveling with yesterday and our cases in mass. are a lot worse than Aruba.We can wait to get there we made a few reservations yesterday for dinner if anybody has any recommendations for dinner please let me know.
    0 0