This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: October 8

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

October 8

17 Residents +
    0 Non residents +

Summary of Casonan di Covid-19 na Aruba

ORANJESTY, 08 oktober 2020. According to summary di awe by tuma note with more person ta follow recover, a total of 40 person awe recover, tin a total of 17 case nobo di Covid-19, say which resident tur ta, (′′ positivity rate ′′ bou resident ta 13 %). Total di casonan active a baha with 23 person and ta na 401 awe, total di testnan haci ta 217, testnan haci bou di residentenan na laboratory di hospital ta 133 and total di case di fayecimento relate na Covid-19th 31.

Hospital ta informa cu tin a total of 25 people internally di which 9th give intensive care and 16th isola riba general floor.

Pa for following maneha and transmission di covid ta important for community ta alert and na prome indication of symptoms tuma contact cu dokter di cas pa for a test. Door di isola and casonan positive for controlling the virus and stop and di follow plama.

Ban follow care, Aruba ta conta cube pa follow maneha and control the virus di Covid-19.

October 8-screen-shot-2020-10-08-3-20-44-pm-jpg
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea I'm feeling more and more confident about these numbers. I may book my tickets this weekend even though I may have to quarantine 14 days when I return which will take me into Jan 2nd 2021. LOL. I won't be out until the new year but would probably be worth for 1 week in paradise.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    could you get a test once you are home or prior to leaving Aruba for home?
    a negative test result will let you bypass a quarantine.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Andrea I'm feeling more and more confident about these numbers. I may book my tickets this weekend even though I may have to quarantine 14 days when I return which will take me into Jan 2nd 2021. LOL. I won't be out until the new year but would probably be worth for 1 week in paradise.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I can do that. A friend went to Miami and when she got back she tested and avoided the 14 day quarantine. Thx
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It is great to see your confidence and excitement build in anticipation of a vacation in Aruba by end of year. With regards to testing vs quarantine when you return to the USA, here is what I did:

My health insurance covered the full cost for an “at home” covid test. I called the Insurance Company and told them I was traveling out of the country and wanted to do an at home COVID test when I returned to the USA. They made arrangements to send me a Pixel/Labcorp home test kit. It arrived at my house prior to when I went to Aruba. This was very convenient because when I returned back to the USA after my vacation (returned on a Sunday night), I took the home test the following day (Monday morning) and shipped it via the pre-paid FedEx box provided. I received email notification on Tuesday morning that sample was received at the lab. I had my results by end of day on Wednesday. While the home Covid-kit results are not allowed (by Aruba) for entry to Aruba, the test kit results are widely accepted in the USA. The kit was very easy to use and had good instructions and diagrams on what to do.

For 14 days following my return from Aruba, I continued to be mindful of others and keep my social distance. As a courtesy, I also told people with whom I planned to come in contact, that I'd been recently out of the country and always had my test reports available, for both pre and post vacation, if anyone wanted to view them. :-)
    Last edited by SkiChris; 10-09-2020 at 03:07 PM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    This is great information! I will touch base with my health insurance. I do need to test when I return on account that my 96 year old mom lives with me and I have home attendant service for her 7 days a week with 2 different home attendants, my brother stays over 4 nights a week. I have to at least quarantine in my room until I get results and/or distant myself from the people who are in my apartment,.
    0 0