This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: PCR turn around time question

Post Thanks / Like

PCR turn around time question

How long is it taking people to get their PCR testing back? We have only used jetblue vault testing and that always takes about 36 hours or so which won't work if the US moves from high risk to very high risk as you need results within 24 hours. I really thought we were not going to have to worry about testing in 2022 but that appears to be just wishful thinking on my part.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay, I'm assuming you are talking about testing to go to Aruba. If you find a CVS or Walgreens in your area and get the test done there, the results are back in hours. We tested at Walgreens the last trip and had results in about 1 1/2 hours. Make you appointment online for a convenient time. You do the swab yourself while the pharmacist watches. They asked if we had insurance, but never asked for more info, just yes or no do you have it. The testing was no cost for us. You'll get your results emailed to you and it's easy from there to upload the results to the ED Card.
    0 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    2-3 hours at Walgreens. I've lost count of the amount of Walgreen tests I've done at this point. Easy peasy. No cost. (I'm sure they bill my insurance).

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also check with your local board of health.
    We had a PCR nasal swab test yesterday at a local drive thru site sponsored by Our county health dept.
    Free and results sent in less than 24 hrs.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The Abbott ID Now is a rapid PCR. We had these for our trip to Aruba and for France. The place we went gave us the results in 20-30 minutes. However; I went by there yesterday and there was not a parking spot left. I have no idea where things are going to be next month. We have to get tested on the 20th for our cruise(if it goes) and Jan. 18 to go to Aruba.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all!
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay we did our tests at CVS in Ma. and had our results in 20 hrs for husband( he did his in the am) and 26 hrs for me( I did mine at 2:40 in the afternoon).
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    0 1