This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Quarantine on return to U.S.

Post Thanks / Like

Quarantine on return to U.S.

I have read it is suggested you quarantine for 3 to 5 days but is not mandatory. Is this correct?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    we return to ny on 25th of march,no one said anything at jfk and only on 11 th day we got text from lovely deblazio and co* telling us to be under quarantine for 10 days or do test prior flying and then 3 days after home do another test ,wait 3 days for result to opt out of quarantine otherwise threatened us with fines,prison and other great options. ny is a funny and friendly place
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else dealing with employer-mandated quarantine? I really don't want to have to cancel
    Last edited by mlrhoxie; 04-09-2021 at 07:49 AM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yefim8 View Post
    we return to ny on 25th of march,no one said anything at jfk and only on 11 th day we got text from lovely deblazio and co* telling us to be under quarantine for 10 days or do test prior flying and then 3 days after home do another test ,wait 3 days for result to opt out of quarantine otherwise threatened us with fines,prison and other great options. ny is a funny and friendly place
    My husband only decided to go because he is fully vaccinated and he thought he didn't have to quarantine. He may not go if he he has to quarantine. Problems.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    CT is suggested and my daughter is a teacher and she has to show proof of her negative test to return to the US and she can go back to work.She is gonna wait the 3 days just in case something comes about. I own my business and i will re test after 3 days just peace of mind for my 6 employees . I have 1 shot in me 12 days ago.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We came back March 31. Since we were tested and behaved ourselves those last 2 days, we did not quarantine. There is just too much to do after being away for 110 days. Besides, the virus and variants are everywhere, so really what is the point? The numbers at home are just slightly lower than Aruba. We went three days after getting home to get our first Pfizer shot.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My employer mandates that if you are awaiting a covid-19 test result, you can not return to work until that happens.
    We are testing on a Sunday, leaving for Aruba on a Wednesday. I have to take the Monday and Tuesday off before going to Aruba, due to the pre flight testing.
    Side note, we are both fully vaccinated, so this is a pretty silly rule, but ok, I will just have to extend my vacation a few more days!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I only get tested weekly the PCR
    Don't know if we are supposed to self quarantine (I did not tell my former employee... non of their business and I was being tested 2x weekly)
    To be honest my new job doesn't ask if we been out of the country or on a cruise in the past 14 days (but we do ask our patients every time we visit
    some 3x a week) I will not volunteer if I traveled.. I am safe, use all precautions, been vaccinated, and test weekly and sometime 2x weekly)
    Esp if you are getting tested prior to entering the US too.
    0 1