This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Gazzette Posting

Post Thanks / Like

Recent Gazzette Posting

Did anyone see this? Too much going on again might have to pull the plug and just hit key west lol

Other notable destinations to receive updates this week include Aruba, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates. Officials are advising travelers to reconsider plans to visit Aruba this holiday season due to COVID-related conditions and recommending that travelers exercise increased caution in South Africa due to crime and civil unrest. Meanwhile, the United Arab Emirates joins a list of just 13 countries to receive a Level 1: Exercise normal precautions advisory from the State Department. The other levels are Level 2: Unvaccinated travelers who are at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19 should avoid nonessential travel to this destination, and Level 3: Unvaccinated travelers should avoid nonessential travel to this destination.
    The CDC currently warns of a high level of COVID-19 in Aruba but low levels in South Africa and the United Arab Emirates.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I will lose my mind!!!!!!!
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    This from Dr. Anelique Coetzee,a board member of the South African Medical Association. " Their symptoms were so different and so Mild from those I had treated before. It presents mild disease with symptoms being sore muscles and tiredness for a day or two not feeling well. So far, no loss of taste or smell, maybe a slight cough, and no prominent symptoms. Of those infected some are currently being treated at home. " So this is what the world is using to justify new travel bans and lockdowns? I imagine it's in most countries already. Our southern border has people coming in by the thousands every day from countries ALL over the world- no lockdown there yet. Been to Aruba 3 times this year, and felt safer there than in this country. Have plans to go back in the upcoming months, and at this point have no plans on changing them. ( Or our other holiday travel plans.) Everybody will have have to asses the level of risk they want to tolerate, and make their life choices. If the government and people of Aruba welcome us to come, we will be there. Many of their lively hoods depend on it.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get it? Aruba's risk warning was lowered this week from 4 to 3. I thought people didn't care about this advise because travelers continued coming in anyways. Not sure what high level they're speaking of either because cases have been consistently low for months now.
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ArubaMark.............I hope that you and yours get to take a vacation to wherever you'd feel most comfortable.
    Aruba can wait.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Did anyone see this? Too much going on again might have to pull the plug and just hit key west lol

Other notable destinations to receive updates this week include Aruba, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates. Officials are advising travelers to reconsider plans to visit Aruba this holiday season due to COVID-related conditions and recommending that travelers exercise increased caution in South Africa due to crime and civil unrest. Meanwhile, the United Arab Emirates joins a list of just 13 countries to receive a Level 1: Exercise normal precautions advisory from the State Department. The other levels are Level 2: Unvaccinated travelers who are at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19 should avoid nonessential travel to this destination, and Level 3: Unvaccinated travelers should avoid nonessential travel to this destination.
    The CDC currently warns of a high level of COVID-19 in Aruba but low levels in South Africa and the United Arab Emirates.
    Where exactly did this information come from?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I will take my chances in Aruba. We travel the last week in January 2022. I am getting very excited about being back. Again, everyone must make their own choices. This will be my 41st trip.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed must feel comfortable - I'm not a gambler I'm more conservative especially with things on the rise again so unfortunately I will try again in the spring. All the hassle and worrying for 5 days just isnt worth it for us as much as we want to go and since we are way overdue to be back in aruba. To all traveling be safe I will check back in in March to see where things are at.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    When we were down here during the dark days of the pandemic, we both agreed that we wouldn't have traveled for just a 2-3 week trip (our normal stint). It just wasn't worth the hassle/risk in our minds. But we decided to roll the dice on a six month+ stay. Glad we did and it got our butts in gear to get a residency permit. Glad we're here and not in the Great White North given recent train wrecks in BC and Ontario.
    0 2