This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restrictions again

Post Thanks / Like

Restrictions again

I saw this on FB(yes, I should be outside but waiting for dryer repair).

During a government press conference this morning, the following was announced:
    Consistent pattern of new cases in past days. (There are 39 new cases today). Increase in positivity rate. Tendency for people to delay/avoid getting tested when they have symptoms. Residents are traveling and returning with the virus. Many locals are getting infected in a family setting. Amount of people that do not follow rules and attend clandestine parties is increasing lately. This pattern is similar to the situation Aruba was in prior to the large August COVID wave.

New measures for December 30 - January 3rd are:
    Closing time 10pm for all establishments (except hotels). Musicians are only allowed inside establishments and with no dancing. Musicians and establishment are responsible for client behavior.

Pagarra at businesses:
    Allowed until 3pm on Dec 31st. (At homes it is allowed after 3pm) Curfew (TDQ): 11pm - 5am.

Exception:
    Dec 31/Jan 1 curfew starts at 2am Jan 1 instead of 11pm on Dec 31.

Home visits:
    Limit to max 10 inside (if distancing is possible), and max 25 in yard (if distancing is possible).

Dande:
    Dandes are discouraged because they visit various homes and take off masks to sing. (Put a pause on culture to protect health and economy).

Restaurants:
    Clients must be seated at tables, maximum 8 at tables. (Clients cannot be standing in long lines waiting for tables and agglomerate. 5 max waiting outside, at 1.5m distance). Establishment owners, management, and compliance officers are responsible for clients to follow rules inside and outside.
    Last edited by robin; 12-29-2020 at 11:13 AM. Reason: having trouble cutting and pasting

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for posting Robin
    I just received them as well.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The way the active cases have been increasing, it was only a matter of time. I would expect it to continue to get worse over the next few weeks.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    The way the active cases have been increasing, it was only a matter of time. I would expect it to continue to get worse over the next few weeks.
    I hope not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I hope not.

I hope not too!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Am I the only person who is annoyed with the New Year’s Eve exception? If the curfews work and you are trying to discourage gathering behavior, why would you loosen restrictions on a night that people have more reason to gather?
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you Tracey...but here it would be a useless battle! There is also a midnight beach curfew....not sure there are enough enforcement officers to control the beaches!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with annf, you have to pick your battles to win the war. Let them have New Year's Eve, but clamp down on New Year's Day. Enforcement would be impossible on NYE, so why cause the hate and discontent? Prepare for the inevitable increase, and maybe consider stricter assembly and curfew laws down the road.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The current restrictions are until Jan. 3 I think which is Sunday. I have a feeling it is going to get a lot stricter again once the tourist that came in for the holiday are off the island.

Post Thanks / Like
    My feeling is no one will take the restrictions seriously if they are willing to loosen them because it’s a holiday. It just takes one super spreader event to make many people sick. It’s just not worth the risk.

0 1