This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: September 09

  1. #1
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,128
    Post Thanks / Like

    September 09

    September 09-screen-shot-2020-09-09-5-38-29-pm-jpg

    38 still hospitalized

    141 new positives.
    386 tested
    all local positives.
    0 tourist positives

    Parliament is meeting with the health department's crisis team as I type.


    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like
    OMG just saw the amount of new cases. Seems like the largest number yet. My heart goes out to our people in Aruba. I know this was tough for you to post. So sad!
    0 0
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    2,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW I am saddened. I hope the people I've met there are ok and being safe. My prayers.




    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    6,575
    Post Thanks / Like
    It really is discouraging to see the numbers continue to climb. I wonder what the Parliament will decide.

    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know.....the info is sent to me and then I sit and stare at it. I really hate posting it.
    Today was the worst.
    Last night's hateful and ridiculous nonsense made me even more reluctant to post today's info.

    thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by cmynes View Post
    OMG just saw the amount of new cases. Seems like the largest number yet. My heart goes out to our people in Aruba. I know this was tough for you to post. So sad!


    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    869
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are no adequate words. I wonder what they will do. I know it's difficult for you, Andrea. Thank you so much for keeping us informed.
    Last edited by LisaGrn; 09-09-2020 at 08:03 PM.
    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I know.....the info is sent to me and then I sit and stare at it. I really hate posting it.
    Today was the worst.
    Last night's hateful and ridiculous nonsense made me even more reluctant to post today's info.

    thanks
    You are so right. That was such nonsense hate mail! Thank you for all you do Andrea.
    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow.

    this may be off topic...but how are the children doing their schooling? Are they full virtual or in person? I only ask in the context of this gradual spread and it makes me wonder.


    0 0
     

  9. #9
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that most of the public schools are open.
    I do know at least one of the public schools has closed due to the virus.
    I believe there was only "in person" offered for this term for the public school kids.

    I have not heard how my friends' kids are doing.
    They go to the Dutch schools or the International school.
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Wow.

    this may be off topic...but how are the children doing their schooling? Are they full virtual or in person? I only ask in the context of this gradual spread and it makes me wonder.


    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1
     

  10. #10
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Walt, Jacki and I are thankful for your kind words and humbled.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmynes View Post
    You are so right. That was such nonsense hate mail! Thank you for all you do Andrea.


    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •