This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56

Thread: Sharing Covid Test Sites

  1. #1
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    36,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Sharing Covid Test Sites

    Sharing Covid Test Sites-screen-shot-2020-07-06-6-34-05-pm-jpg

    Please list the state or province and the region and nearest large city.


    This company was at my community today and tested 180 residents ... it was drive thru... bikes, golf carts and cars!
    I spoke with the manager of the testing lab and he told me they could put a “ rapid rush “ if asked.

    This lab is in Winter Garden Florida northeast of Orlando by about 10 miles.

    Maybe 90 min from you CathyBrady Bear.

    Sharing Covid Test Sites-screen-shot-2020-07-06-6-34-05-pm-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sharing Covid Test Sites-d4e81c7d-7adc-43d8-8920-af88a6662f2c-jpg  
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-06-2020 at 06:35 PM.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 1
     

  2. #2
    Member charterprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Age
    45
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are doing 2 different home tests & have 2 clinic tests at CVS.

    The CVS in new port richey, florida is offering results as soon as 30 min. Most of the other locations in Florida take 2-3 days to get results, but over they weekend they changed those to 5-7 days. You can schedule an appt up to 2 days in advance. The New Port Richey location is hard to get an appt at! Set your alarm for midnight!!

    Home Tests: one by labcorp & the other is thru "lets get checked" - both offer fda authorized PCR tests with results in 24-48 hours once their lab receives the test back. I ordered the labcorp test late in the afternoon & it was delivered the next day. There is no expediting fees, that is their standard shipping. "Let's get checked's" free shipping says it takes 3-5 biz days. 1-2 days is $15 extra. I did the $15 expedited and received the kit the next day. Both have online apps - I have received emails & text messages letting me know the status of my test kits where abouts.

    We're taking 1 CVS & both home tests tomorrow then another clinic test on Wed- I can keep everyone updated on the process (we fly to AUA july 10 from USA)

    "Let's get tested"
    https://www.letsgetchecked.com/us/en/
    Pricing: $119, but if you use the link below, it will instantly save you $30 (making test $89). It is a referral link, so I also receive $30 credit. But then you will get your own link to share/use. I'm not trying to promote this to get credit - I'm just sharing it bc it saves you the most $$ and from what I see, makes it the cheapest test when having to pay upfront.

    https://www.letsgetchecked.com/register/?aic=7BDE211AB5

    Labcorp:
    https://www.pixel.labcorp.com/covid-19
    Pricing says: "We’ll bill your insurance for the test. If you don’t have insurance, we’ll handle that, too, through public funding. All we ask is that you use and return the kit you request for testing, since inventory is limited."

    I have insurance and they did not personally bill me nor ask for payment. I'm not sure if they billed my insurance or if they are waiting to bill them until I return my sample & they perform the test. The person I'm traveling with does not have major medical, they did not bill him/make him pay upfront. So far, their statements are correct.
    0 0
     

  3. #3
    Member ArubaAngela's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    does Cvs charge for their testing?? I’m in SWFL and having a hard time finding anyplace. Will have to send away.

    Quote Originally Posted by charterprincess View Post
    We are doing 2 different home tests & have 2 clinic tests at CVS.

    The CVS in new port richey, florida is offering results as soon as 30 min. Most of the other locations in Florida take 2-3 days to get results, but over they weekend they changed those to 5-7 days. You can schedule an appt up to 2 days in advance. The New Port Richey location is hard to get an appt at! Set your alarm for midnight!!

    Home Tests: one by labcorp & the other is thru "lets get checked" - both offer fda authorized PCR tests with results in 24-48 hours once their lab receives the test back. I ordered the labcorp test late in the afternoon & it was delivered the next day. There is no expediting fees, that is their standard shipping. "Let's get checked's" free shipping says it takes 3-5 biz days. 1-2 days is $15 extra. I did the $15 expedited and received the kit the next day. Both have online apps - I have received emails & text messages letting me know the status of my test kits where abouts.

    We're taking 1 CVS & both home tests tomorrow then another clinic test on Wed- I can keep everyone updated on the process (we fly to AUA july 10 from USA)

    "Let's get tested"
    https://www.letsgetchecked.com/us/en/
    Pricing: $119, but if you use the link below, it will instantly save you $30 (making test $89). It is a referral link, so I also receive $30 credit. But then you will get your own link to share/use. I'm not trying to promote this to get credit - I'm just sharing it bc it saves you the most $$ and from what I see, makes it the cheapest test when having to pay upfront.

    https://www.letsgetchecked.com/register/?aic=7BDE211AB5

    Labcorp:
    https://www.pixel.labcorp.com/covid-19
    Pricing says: "We’ll bill your insurance for the test. If you don’t have insurance, we’ll handle that, too, through public funding. All we ask is that you use and return the kit you request for testing, since inventory is limited."

    I have insurance and they did not personally bill me nor ask for payment. I'm not sure if they billed my insurance or if they are waiting to bill them until I return my sample & they perform the test. The person I'm traveling with does not have major medical, they did not bill him/make him pay upfront. So far, their statements are correct.
    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can do mail in tests and not do it in person? Interesting to me- do they accept that?


    Quote Originally Posted by charterprincess View Post
    We are doing 2 different home tests & have 2 clinic tests at CVS.

    The CVS in new port richey, florida is offering results as soon as 30 min. Most of the other locations in Florida take 2-3 days to get results, but over they weekend they changed those to 5-7 days. You can schedule an appt up to 2 days in advance. The New Port Richey location is hard to get an appt at! Set your alarm for midnight!!

    Home Tests: one by labcorp & the other is thru "lets get checked" - both offer fda authorized PCR tests with results in 24-48 hours once their lab receives the test back. I ordered the labcorp test late in the afternoon & it was delivered the next day. There is no expediting fees, that is their standard shipping. "Let's get checked's" free shipping says it takes 3-5 biz days. 1-2 days is $15 extra. I did the $15 expedited and received the kit the next day. Both have online apps - I have received emails & text messages letting me know the status of my test kits where abouts.

    We're taking 1 CVS & both home tests tomorrow then another clinic test on Wed- I can keep everyone updated on the process (we fly to AUA july 10 from USA)

    "Let's get tested"
    https://www.letsgetchecked.com/us/en/
    Pricing: $119, but if you use the link below, it will instantly save you $30 (making test $89). It is a referral link, so I also receive $30 credit. But then you will get your own link to share/use. I'm not trying to promote this to get credit - I'm just sharing it bc it saves you the most $$ and from what I see, makes it the cheapest test when having to pay upfront.

    https://www.letsgetchecked.com/register/?aic=7BDE211AB5

    Labcorp:
    https://www.pixel.labcorp.com/covid-19
    Pricing says: "We’ll bill your insurance for the test. If you don’t have insurance, we’ll handle that, too, through public funding. All we ask is that you use and return the kit you request for testing, since inventory is limited."

    I have insurance and they did not personally bill me nor ask for payment. I'm not sure if they billed my insurance or if they are waiting to bill them until I return my sample & they perform the test. The person I'm traveling with does not have major medical, they did not bill him/make him pay upfront. So far, their statements are correct.

  5. #5
    Senior Member brady bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Sharing Covid Test Sites-screen-shot-2020-07-06-6-34-05-pm-jpg

    Please list the state or province and the region and nearest large city.


    This company was at my community today and tested 180 residents ... it was drive thru... bikes, golf carts and cars!
    I spoke with the manager of the testing lab and he told me they could put a “ rapid rush “ if asked.

    This lab is in Winter Garden Florida northeast of Orlando by about 10 miles.

    Maybe 90 min from you CathyBrady Bear.

    Sharing Covid Test Sites-screen-shot-2020-07-06-6-34-05-pm-jpg
    worth the drive. Wonder if they are open on Saturdays.
    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like they are open 8-noon time on Sat.

    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    worth the drive. Wonder if they are open on Saturdays.

  7. #7
    Member charterprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Age
    45
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAngela View Post
    does Cvs charge for their testing?? I’m in SWFL and having a hard time finding anyplace. Will have to send away.
    It doesn't say we can't do mail in testing. The tests are being processed by the same labs as other medical & testing facilities are sending their samples to for testing. They are both the PCR testing. I guess I will know in ~ 48 hours if they don't accept it!

    Also - access 365 urgent care is providing test for travelers that reside in Martin & St Lucie County. I have an appt with them this morning at 11:30 am. It's more expensive - $199, but if you have 2 or more people, it's $149 - results in 48 hours.

    https://access365urgentcare.com/covid-19-testing/
    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Member charterprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Age
    45
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alrighty!! Just completed our 1st CVS drive thru test - (which there was no charge for either of us - I used insurance & my hubby did not).
    I made sure our names on the test match our passports. (BTW - the tech did not even ask for identification)
    And I am happy to report the CVS test is LITERALLY the same as the home test I ordered from Labcorp. Everything is identical. Labcorp is processing CVS's test, too. So now it is a race on which will get faster test results - if there is any precedence for mailing the home test back vs testing centers sending them in. I didn't get a chance to see where CVS mails it to. Also - the home kits & CVS are the "less invasive" tests, you swab the lower nostril.

    Next stop - our 11:30 am appt for the "Traveler" testing site
    0 0
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live in West Palm and was willing to drive to Orlando but after speaking to Mr. Williams from Physicians Stat Lab he could not guarantee that the results would be back in less than 60 hours.....Back to square one!!
    0 0
     

  10. #10
    Member charterprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Age
    45
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim nel View Post
    I live in West Palm and was willing to drive to Orlando but after speaking to Mr. Williams from Physicians Stat Lab he could not guarantee that the results would be back in less than 60 hours.....Back to square one!!
    Hi Tim!
    When I went to access 365 urgent care this morning (in palm city, fl) - they did not ask for our IDs to verify where we lived (& we were seen separately). They are the testing site that has tests for travelers, but says they only service martin & st lucie county. Their website says 3-5 days, but the rep said they get them back w/i 48 hours. If you look closely at the 3 different tests offered (Uninsured, Insured & traveler) - it says the same thing for non-symptom testing (which is free). so the $149-$199 you are paying as a traveler is the expediting. Hopefully it's accurate.
    1 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •