This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TEST STRATEGY - Did We Screw up?

Post Thanks / Like

TEST STRATEGY - Did We Screw up?

So we have tickets leaving Norfolk, Va on a Tuesday in June at 7 am, plane change in Charlotte to Aruba 9:25am.

Now I'm wondering where we get a PCR test done 3 days before Tuesday, which means Saturday (?). CVS says 1-2 days, but I'm guessing any test taken Saturday won't even be shipped for testing till Monday... and unless I'm missing something... what are the chances of getting test results by 3 am Tuesday for our flight?

Wondering how other people traveling on Tuesdays are getting test results in time? Or are Tuesday departures just a bad plan in general?

I guess the alternative is change flights days... OR just roll the dice and get tested in Aruba. We are both vaccinated... so perhaps Aruba will lighten requirements up a little and allow vaccinated people in easier by June(???)... we would be so lucky.

Thanks for any ideas or filling any blanks I missed here.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If Aruba does not change their policy, try getting the Abbott ID Now test. It is an accepted rapid PCR. The place we went to in December gave us the results in hand within 20 minutes.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We tested in Aruba in November, had to stay in our room till we got the results, but we had them by the following morning. We're flying out of Norfolk on a Friday this time and plan on using CVS. Here they send the tests out daily regardless if it's a Saturday, Sunday or whatever. We usually love traveling on Tuesdays, business travelers are where they need to be and most tourists travel on the weekends.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We flew in on a Sunday in November (still low season) at 2:30 pm, tested at AUA and had the results by 8:00 pm. We ordered in from Local Store thinking we might not get the results until the next day and our neighbour had grabbed us eggs, bread and, most importantly, wine in case things went long. Aruba has their act together on testing foreigners.

We couldn't bank on getting the test results on time in Canada so we didn't bother.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I've also tested at the Aruba airport. It is quick and easy and results are emailed to you by the end of the day - so it is not a bad "Plan B" in the event you don't receive your results from the test you took back in the USA. And as an extra note, when you land in Aruba, the airport staff will allow you to check your phone to see if your test results showed up in your email while you were in flight. If so, they'll still allow you to show them as proof of test (and you can get reimbursed for the $75 test fee you paid on the ED card on-line system).
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all for the ideas/insight and quick responses... I think we'll hold as is since we got a pretty good deal on the tickets and hotel... a lot can happen in the next 2 months... one way or the other.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    also, the vault test is available to all.........not just Jet Blue passengers
    May 6 - 20, 2021 https://photos.app.goo.gl/uPe2KC3P7bqhnpMT8
    THINK........ is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    also, the vault test is available to all.........not just Jet Blue passengers
    Thanks for pointing that option out!!! At first I was confused because the Aruba site says "no at home tests were accepted"... but then a few lines down says..."except for Vault". Going to check more into that... thinking test Saturday morning... drive it myself for a UPS pickup that morning... and at least that gives it a decent chance of getting done in time for departure... or even by the time we land.

This forum is great!!!!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Blake, do you have a Walgreens nearby? We didn't have to pay for the ID Now test.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohair View Post
    Blake, do you have a Walgreens nearby? We didn't have to pay for the ID Now test.
    Yes we have a few Walgreens and it appears they offer that test.... not sure how I missed that... this is sounding easier by the day

Thanks!
    0 0