This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Testing Turn Around Time IN ARUBA

Post Thanks / Like

Testing Turn Around Time IN ARUBA

Good morning All! We have our next trip coming up in 9 more days, and the rules are changing on what feels like a daily basis (thanks omicron). If I understand correctly, the new requirements for testing to return to the US is a negative test 3 days prior with proof of vaccination, or 1 day prior without vax. I am not starting a rumor and hope it's not taken that way, but what if the US changes the requirement for EVERYONE and testing to return is negative result 1 day before departure, can the labs in Aruba provide that quick of a turn around? it's hard enough to find here at home!

Just wondering what everyone's experience has been with the timing of results to return home? On our 2 previous trips in June and Aug 2021, we were PCR-tested 2 days before returning home, and got our results the next morning. For our trip next week, we already have our tests scheduled for same time frame (full disclosure, we are all vaxxed so didn't need to worry about the new 1-day rule). Have people been getting same-day results?

Thanks in advance for any advice. What a headache, but Aruba is worth it!
    Last edited by mlrhoxie; 12-01-2021 at 11:16 AM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We were there and headed back to the US on November 6th. We did our COVID test two days before departure around 1:30pm and had results by 6:30pm that same night.

Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We too had a 11am testing and received our results around 8pm or so for both of our returns since testing was required.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Be aware that the CDC may change the testing requirements for entry from international air travelers back into the United States it may be a one day timeframe for testing for vaccinated

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I would not be concerned about testing in Aruba to travel back home. In September we tested on a Sunday for a Tuesday departure from Aruba to Newark. I received emailed results within a few hours. So I don’t think it will be a problem testing the day before but I think you will need to opt for Antigen which is what we got. PCR will take longer. Also the Aruba officials want to accommodate US citizens and they will do what it takes to make it happen at their end. They don’t want people canceling!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I was recently there at the end of October. Tested at the location in Paseo Horencia at 6:30 p.m. 2 days before traveling back to the US. I received my results within 2 hours. The cost was $35. Even if the US starts requiring all international travelers to test 1 day prior to returning, I do believe Aruba can keep up. They really do have it down to a science, and it seems much more organized than many of the testing centers here (at least in Texas).
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks All for sharing your experiences with testing, appreciate it!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The one day requirement can be done (antigen test in Aruba - whether done by a rep from the Aruba health department or through the use of a proctored home test, as we did back in Sept). It's just another factor to consider in making the trip.

Add to this, our hotel (Bucuti) plans to reinstate their pre-pandemic policy of requiring full payment 30-days in advance of arrival. So the risks associated with things moving further in the wrong direction between full room payment and our travel dates is now back on the radar screen.

We will now have to make the go or no-go decision within the next two weeks. Could just cancel. Then if we decide to go, re-book the room shortly before travel. I think it quite possible the Bucuti will see a spike in cancellations from their policy change (which affects folks arriving on or after Dec 23, 2021) especially now that Covid risks (Omicron) are more clearly back on people's radar's. I would leave the flights in place as those could be cancelled up to the morning before travel. Frustrating...
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have travel insurance that allows cancellation due to illness then you could rest easier about having to cancel if you become ill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    The one day requirement can be done (antigen test in Aruba - whether done by a rep from the Aruba health department or through the use of a proctored home test, as we did back in Sept). It's just another factor to consider in making the trip.

Add to this, our hotel (Bucuti) plans to reinstate their pre-pandemic policy of requiring full payment 30-days in advance of arrival. So the risks associated with things moving further in the wrong direction between full room payment and our travel dates is now back on the radar screen.

We will now have to make the go or no-go decision within the next two weeks. Could just cancel. Then if we decide to go, re-book the room shortly before travel. I think it quite possible the Bucuti will see a spike in cancellations from their policy change (which affects folks arriving on or after Dec 23, 2021) especially now that Covid risks (Omicron) are more clearly back on people's radar's. I would leave the flights in place as those could be cancelled up to the morning before travel. Frustrating...

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    If you have travel insurance that allows cancellation due to illness then you could rest easier about having to cancel if you become ill.
    I do, but it won't cover us if we simply decide that we don't want to go due to some additional (and perhaps as yet unknown) hurdles we need to jump over or heightened risks we see in international travel. It would pay if one of us get's Covid. But hoping that never comes to fruition.
    0 0