This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Travel Insurance for Covid

Post Thanks / Like

Travel Insurance for Covid

Hello!

With the new rules of having to test negative to return to the U.S., I was wondering if anyone knows of any travel insurance that covers room and board for people who test positive, but are asymptomatic? All the travel insurance I looked into only covers medical expenses or hospitalization under a doctor's orders, but doesn't cover room and board if a test is positive but the traveler isn't sick.

Thanks!
    Andrea
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are talking about while you are in Aruba.. test positive and are asymptomatic..... the required insurance that you purchased from the Aruba government will cover your isolation but I do not believe it covers food.

If you are speaking of trip insurance that many purchase go to insure my trip.com or squaremouth.com for comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by ideastowords View Post
    Hello!

With the new rules of having to test negative to return to the U.S., I was wondering if anyone knows of any travel insurance that covers room and board for people who test positive, but are asymptomatic? All the travel insurance I looked into only covers medical expenses or hospitalization under a doctor's orders, but doesn't cover room and board if a test is positive but the traveler isn't sick.

Thanks!
    Andrea

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    If you are talking about while you are in Aruba.. test positive and are asymptomatic..... the required insurance that you purchased from the Aruba government will cover your isolation but I do not believe it covers food.

If you are speaking of trip insurance that many purchase go to insure my trip.com or squaremouth.com for comparisons.
    Thank you Andrea! I have went those routes. They only provide insurance if you get physically sick and have to be hospitalized. But, it's good to know that the Aruba insurance already provides some coverage.

Thanks!
    Andrea
    0 1