This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USA Hot Zones for Aruba changes Nov 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

USA Hot Zones for Aruba changes Nov 1

USA Hot Zones for Aruba changes Nov 1-screen-shot-2020-10-26-9-22-52-pm-jpgUSA Hot Zones for Aruba changes Nov 1-screen-shot-2020-10-26-9-22-52-pm-jpg

good news (I think)
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-26-2020 at 09:34 PM.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ummmm what does this mean?

it means that if you want to NOT take the test in the USA and be stressed about the 72 timeline..............then feel free to test in Aruba.
    but, for me the fear would be..............test in Aruba, quarantine in Aruba and wait it out for a few hours.............and if positive, then get bumped over to isolation. NO THANKS. I wanna know b4 I set foot on that plane.
    1 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not sure how to interpret this. The notation about “pre-boarding testing US” sounds like it’s possible that everyone from the US will need to pretest?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure either if some of it is really good news but I can certainly understand why they feel the need to start loosening things up a bit (i.e. a matter of economic survival).
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    From tonight's news conference, not exact quoting:
    The Aruba Gvmnt said that there will be eventually be pre boarding covid testing at the airports. People in the near future will be tested at the airport PRIOR to boarding and will need to be negative before boarding for air travel to Aruba.
    there will be more information to follow.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We were a week too early. Consarnit! Lol.
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Confusing! I know some airlines are starting a program to test at airport but how can you have results right away in order to board? Unless they are using another method like the saliva which is quick. I dunno. We shall see.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if they will ease up on the type of test and timeframe.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a PCR/Rapid Testing that give results in about 20 minutes. One of the medical centers in my area apparently has it. My boss and his wife went because one of their sons may have been exposed (everyone negative and fine!). They told him the machine is very expensive. Maybe that's what airports would utilize? Just speculating.

And does it mean if you pre-test at the airport before departing to Aruba that testing is eliminated upon arrival? Except for the insurance change, are they actually making it tougher (again, understandable with the second wave arriving all over the world)? Clarification will be forthcoming so I'm just musing because it's late and I don't feel like going to bed...
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I see this as a positive. They are not loosening any restrictions, everyone will still be tested. It takes the 72 hour sweat out of the equation, which has caused many people to cancel. Personally we will test prior to leaving home, but knowing that we can still board the plane if we don't get it back is a huge relief. We will likely test a week prior, then again at the 72 hour mark. I want to know we are negative before arriving in Aruba, but knowing we don't have to stress getting 72 hour results back is a huge relief. It was one of the factors that had us considering canceling, so I can see where it will help get people back to the island.
    0 0