This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USA Hot Zones for Aruba changes Nov 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw on one of the aruba websites that they will offer testing prior to return back home. This may be useful as some states like NY would require a 14 day quarantine at home after returning from Aruba. However, some US airport are in the works of doing testing when you land. I heard LaGuardia Airport in NY might start next month or for the holidays.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a posting Oct 29th on visitaruba.com regarding this. I saw on another Aruba forum that people are canceling Dec trips because this relaxed new rule may result in more infected people on planes if they choose to test in Aruba. They are also very concerned about the Oct 27th announcement that as of Dec 1st Aruba is opening borders to the DR, Haiti, Columbia & Mexico. Is anyone else concerned about these announcements given the covid spike everywhere else? I just hope the spikes don’t start again in Aruba and this time involving residents.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I saw on one of the aruba websites that they will offer testing prior to return back home. This may be useful as some states like NY would require a 14 day quarantine at home after returning from Aruba. However, some US airport are in the works of doing testing when you land. I heard LaGuardia Airport in NY might start next month or for the holidays.
    They very well might have to do that for people like us, returning to NYS. Although, I have to go back and see how the new regulations in NYS apply to essential employees. Not to mention, by the time we go, it could all change again.
    Last edited by schexc; 11-01-2020 at 05:40 PM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    At this point the virus is everywhere. A person can come from an area that is a hot spot and be negative or come from a area with low numbers and be positive. It's all a crap shoot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree it's a crap shoot. Keep in mind though that those that test in Aruba airport from hot zone states, if they test positive they will be isolated so if I were them, I would still try to test in my home state. NY State change guidelines yesterday. My brother was scheduled to fly from Seattle to NY to visit. I told him to stay up to date. He said he did and was not worry because Seattle was not on the hot state list. Well yesterday the NY Gov got rid of the hot state list and mandated that anyone traveling to NY will have to test 72 hours prior to flight, quarantine for 3 days in NY and test again day 4 in NY. If day 4 you test negative, you are free to enjoy our lovely city, state. My brother cancelled his trip. As Schek said, things can change. If I fly to Aruba I have to Quarantine for 14 days when I get back to NY or do a 72 hour test prior to coming back home and then test on day 4 and be negative to be off 14 quarantine. Not easy!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Off topic, but love the new avatar, Ace!

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I agree it's a crap shoot. Keep in mind though that those that test in Aruba airport from hot zone states, if they test positive they will be isolated so if I were them, I would still try to test in my home state. NY State change guidelines yesterday. My brother was scheduled to fly from Seattle to NY to visit. I told him to stay up to date. He said he did and was not worry because Seattle was not on the hot state list. Well yesterday the NY Gov got rid of the hot state list and mandated that anyone traveling to NY will have to test 72 hours prior to flight, quarantine for 3 days in NY and test again day 4 in NY. If day 4 you test negative, you are free to enjoy our lovely city, state. My brother cancelled his trip. As Schek said, things can change. If I fly to Aruba I have to Quarantine for 14 days when I get back to NY or do a 72 hour test prior to coming back home and then test on day 4 and be negative to be off 14 quarantine. Not easy!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Does this mean the insurance is one price of 30.00 per person for the entire stay? We are staying a month and the last update I got was we had to pay per day. Thank you.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    $30 pp per stay
    https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-he...#faq-insurance
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee312 View Post
    Does this mean the insurance is one price of 30.00 per person for the entire stay? We are staying a month and the last update I got was we had to pay per day. Thank you.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-02-2020 at 10:29 AM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!! That is FANTASTIC!!!! We were going to be spending a lot in the daily price, a whole plane ticket price!! Thank you for posting!
    0 1