This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walgreen Red Dot/Abbott ID NOW Reservation ?'s

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Walgreen Red Dot/Abbott ID NOW Reservation ?'s

Wondering if anyone can help me out. We will leave for Aruba on 11/15/21. Our nephew and niece to be (one day we hope), will fly to FLL from IA the week before and work from our home in N Broward County in order to go to Aruba with us. We're all as vaccinated as we can be BUT I know we need to test and we're all happy to do it. My husband and I can't wait to show the youngin's one of our most favorite places.
    I know, as of now, we can try for the ID NOW test reservations 2 days in advance of the day we need to test for travel outside the US. We travel on Monday so would want to the tests on Friday so reserve slots on Wednesday? I will be making all the appointments for testing since I'm in FL. I did ask my local Walgreen's pharmarcy but their location was only doing drive up PCR nd in store vaccinations at that time. Said I had to call the number on the website and once I reached a real person, the human said all I could do was make reservations on line--no idea about the business end, UGH! They did tell me that there were many sites in my Tri County area that were doing the ID Now tests.
    SO, what information was asked of you on the online reservation form? I think I should need pics of the nephew and his longtime girlfriend's insurance cards? I have copies of the info pages of their passports and copies of their driver's licenses. I know their former and new home address, cell phone numbers and email addresses.
    Am I missing anything? The process of getting thru the stages of entering Aruba is not stressing me. The uncertainty of our particular situation and not being able to get the appropirate information, is stressful. I hope y'all can help! TYIA!
    FYI, I have located a couple of nearby labs that are doing quick turn around Covid 19 test for workplaces, travel, etc. but have not contacted them yet. Will do that in the next few days to ask about costs, insurance coverage and, most importantly, if their tests meet the Aruban standard.
    Best to all and thanks again,
    Lesa
    Last edited by TravelNLesa; 10-26-2021 at 10:40 PM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    for each person that schedules a test, Walgreens asks the obligatory health questions (basic ones), dates of vax if vaxxed, DOB, etc. Best time to getto the schedule for Fiday is to go online very early am Wed. I did it right after midnight, got my pick of app't times for Fiday as we were also flying on Monday. Testing was easy at pharmacy drive up, results by email in a couple of hours. Make sure you have the correct email. I had both of ours go to my email, as I was the one filling out the ED card for us both. After all the angst ahead of time, it really went pretty smoothly. We downloaded the actual test result PDF onto my laptop, and we were able to insert them into ED online. If I can do it, anyone can. Retired, 70 yrs old, and it's not rocket science! Good luck!
    2 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for explaining how you uploaded your results. I've been wondering how the results come in and knowing it's in a pdf for downloading to a computer and then upload to the ED card is helpful. I've seen a lot from Jet Blue customers but that's not our carrier so again, helpful. You give me confidence we can get this done...as long as we can find an appointment for testing!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So I don't know why but I was able to get my appt. earlier with Walgreens than the 2 days. Went on Monday early eve for Thurs. appt.
    and it all went through. If you want to try it might work for you too.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck, have a great trip!
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you to everyone that posted! Thank you so much, rern73! I have an alarm set for late Wednesday night and I'm sure I have our nephew and girlfriends info--probably more than I really need to know, LOL!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flpctc View Post
    So I don't know why but I was able to get my appt. earlier with Walgreens than the 2 days. Went on Monday early eve for Thurs. appt.
    and it all went through. If you want to try it might work for you too.
    Thanks, flpctc! I will give that a try, too!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So we set up our Walgreens appt. on Monday Eve and made it for a Thursday 11:00 AM testing.
    Drive through testing done for me and DH took 5 min. and had the email for NEG. test results before we got home.
    Green Check Mark and ED card all set and flying out Manchester NH Sun AM !! Woohoo
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent news! Enjoy your trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flpctc View Post
    So we set up our Walgreens appt. on Monday Eve and made it for a Thursday 11:00 AM testing.
    Drive through testing done for me and DH took 5 min. and had the email for NEG. test results before we got home.
    Green Check Mark and ED card all set and flying out Manchester NH Sun AM !! Woohoo
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you! Enjoy that trip!
    1 0