This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the protocol for Covid positive cruisers?

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the protocol for Covid positive cruisers?

I just read a thread on a cruise forum from someone currently on Celebrity Equinox. They are in Aruba today. He stated that 3 people on the ship (2 passengers and 1crew) have tested positive for Covid. They were told that these people were removed from the ship in Aruba and immediately sent home. Since Aruba requires everyone to isolate until they have recovered, are they requiring cruisers to isolate on the island or are they being medivacked home? Does anyone know?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good question. I wonder if they pay for the insurance that we pay to go to Aruba?

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that they cannot be sent home.............how can they be put on a plane to the USA?
    I would wager that they are in isolation on island and that the mandatory insurance that they bought to cruise OR the cruise line is paying for this.
    I also believe that the crew member is in isolation on the ship and not in Aruba's isolation.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I believe that they cannot be sent home.............how can they be put on a plane to the USA?
    I would wager that they are in isolation on island and that the mandatory insurance that they bought to cruise OR the cruise line is paying for this.
    I also believe that the crew member is in isolation on the ship and not in Aruba's isolation.
    That's what I figured, but they are being told on the ship that the passengers are being sent home. I'm sure that they did not pay the insurance that we tourists are required to pay for. I wonder if the cruise ships are having to pay extra to cover expenses like this, to be allowed to dock. This just adds to the burden that Aruba is already dealing with. I'm sure that there will be many more before this is finally over, whatever that looks like.There are theories by some medical professionals that Covid will eventually evolve similarly to the other corona viruses, and be like a cold.
    Last edited by hatteras; 08-31-2021 at 07:14 PM.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 of the passengers is in the hospital.
    the other family member(s) are isolated on the ship.

full covid protocol with ambulance.

covid diagnosis was not known at time of hospital transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    That's what I figured, but they are being told on the ship that the passengers are being sent home. I'm sure that they did not pay the insurance that we tourists are required to pay for. I wonder if the cruise ships are having to pay extra to cover expenses like this, to be allowed to dock. This just adds to the burden that Aruba is already dealing with. I'm sure that there will be many more before this is finally over, whatever that looks like.There are theories by some medical professionals that Covid will eventually evolve similarly to the other corona viruses, and be like a cold.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Andrea. I knew that if anyone could find anything out, it would be you. I guess that the powers that be on the ship are telling them that the covid passengers are gone so that they will think that the virus is no longer on the ship. Every time I get my hopes up about booking a cruise, a story like this pops up. Did you hear about the lady on Carnival that came down with covid recently? She started feeling bad in Roatan, and was taken to the hospital in Belize. Her family did a go fund me page to raise money to have her medivacked home. They eventually got her home but it was too late. She was 77 and fully vaccinated. I don't know if she had any underlying conditions.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Thanks, Andrea. I knew that if anyone could find anything out, it would be you. I guess that the powers that be on the ship are telling them that the covid passengers are gone so that they will think that the virus is no longer on the ship. Every time I get my hopes up about booking a cruise, a story like this pops up. Did you hear about the lady on Carnival that came down with covid recently? She started feeling bad in Roatan, and was taken to the hospital in Belize. Her family did a go fund me page to raise money to have her medivacked home. They eventually got her home but it was too late. She was 77 and fully vaccinated. I don't know if she had any underlying conditions.

It's stories like this that make a very compelling case for a medi-vac policy (such as those offered by MedJet or Covac Global). Takes the worst case scenario of being hospitalized in a foreign country off the table.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    update: https://masnoticia.com/cinco-persona...NCwtyzYr3SLUdY

those cruise passengers that were positive were medivac off Aruba to USA last night.
    the positive crew members of the ship are isolated onboard the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by mgiannetto View Post
    It's stories like this that make a very compelling case for a medi-vac policy (such as those offered by MedJet or Covac Global). Takes the worst case scenario of being hospitalized in a foreign country off the table.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-01-2021 at 05:22 PM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Andrea. I saw that article posted on line yesterday, but couldn't read it. I wonder who paid for the medivac.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mgiannetto View Post
    We always get travel insurance when we leave the U.S. Our policy with Allianz covers medivac but I read an article recently that said that most insurance companies medivac to somewhere in your country but not necessarily your home town. I believe that the companies that you mentioned take you to your home town, which would definitely be my preference.

0 0