This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aruba in Feb ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Colette M View Post
    Happy to hear February is a good weather month in Aruba. We’ve been told by multiple cab drivers it can rain often in February, sometimes for a few days. Since weather has changed everywhere you can’t plan your trip by “rainy” seasons.
    Hmmm. We used to come every year in February for 3-4 weeks (for our first ten years) and I can count on two fingers the number of times we saw rain - and, at that, it was just a few minutes. There may have been some rain overnight (a common occurrence) but definitely not during the day. "Rainy season" is generally November to January. And the rains are nothing compared to other tropical zones.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Never had rain issues minus trips over Xmas/NYE but we could just be lucky I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Colette M View Post
    Happy to hear February is a good weather month in Aruba. We’ve been told by multiple cab drivers it can rain often in February, sometimes for a few days. Since weather has changed everywhere you can’t plan your trip by “rainy” seasons.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Leaving JFK in February can be iffy. I try to book the earliest flight out. It is usually about 7:00 a.m. I figure that the plane is there already so I don't have to wait for one to arrive from some other wintery airport. About the rain , in the 40 trips I have made there, we only had 2 days when it rained all day. Some days you have a shower for a few minutes then it's back to the beach or bar. LOL
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't leave the beach when it rains, but it's fun to watch everyone gather their stuff and start to run away. Most of the time it has stopped raining by the time they get everything packed up. Of all of the things to consider when visiting Aruba, the rain should be the least of your worries.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    It is hysterical to see "sprinting" out of the ocean or pool when the rain starts- I guess they don't want to be wet? SMH

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I think a lot of us, in the states anyway, are programmed to get out of the pool/ocean when a storm pops up due to the lightning that can often accompany it. Are the pop up showers or storms in Aruba generally lightning free?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes generally

but when there is lightning, especially at night it is quite a SHOW!!
    Quote Originally Posted by J&D View Post
    I think a lot of us, in the states anyway, are programmed to get out of the pool/ocean when a storm pops up due to the lightning that can often accompany it. Are the pop up showers or storms in Aruba generally lightning free?

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not seen lightening more than 2x I think in all of days on the islands.

0 0