This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aruba Vacation Length Time

Post Thanks / Like
    We own 2 weeks of TS in March, haven't used it since it got cut short in 2020. It was supposed to be a 4 week stay to celebrate my retirement, and we only had 2 1/2 weeks there. For 2021 we cancelled because of Covid after we had booked another 4 week stay, and this year we cancelled our booked 4 week stay because of family stuff. Maybe we are not destined to do a 4 week stay! That being said, we traveled to Aruba last Sept for 10 days and loved it! Going again this Sept for 12 days, and just booked our March trip for 2023 for 3 1/2 weeks (afraid of the jinx of 4 weeks!). We find 2 weeks is the minimum after the stress of flying.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We first started going, it was for a week since I was still teaching. We went for 15 days when we started looking for the condo and now we are there for the winter. Flying is such a hassle these days. If we are flying anywhere for more 4 or 5 hours, we try to stay places at least two weeks because you waste just a day traveling in each direction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like many we started with the seven day stay. Because it is really 5 island days plus 2 travel days. Little by little we added days. Last year we stayed for two weeks. After about 11-12 days we get antsy. This year we are doing 11 nights/12 days. We look to take the earliest flight down and the latest going home. This year we get there at 11:40 AM and leave at 5:20 PM so we get extra island time on the travel days

The lovely Mrs. AJ and I still work (self-employed) and likely always will so we have flexibility but even so, two weeks again will likely never happen.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We first started going, it was for a week since I was still teaching. We went for 15 days when we started looking for the condo and now we are there for the winter. Flying is such a hassle these days. If we are flying anywhere for more 4 or 5 hours, we try to stay places at least two weeks because you waste just a day traveling in each direction.
    Same here Robin. Flying days in and out are Not fun and it's 2 days gone from fun in the sun. I did 2 weeks in Nov and 3 in March and for me I think
    3 is good to have time to de-stress and enjoy. I also will be a snowbird next winter for the first time Yay, so that makes for plenty of time to de-stress
    and enjoy for sure. We use to be snowbirds in Fl and decided to make it Aruba instead for awhile, or maybe a long while.
    Last edited by flpctc; 04-29-2022 at 11:17 AM. Reason: mistake
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our main trip is in Jan for 18 days. We could stay longer. Having done 1 week for a few years we believe 1 week is not enough. We try and go a couple of times a year. This year we are going only once. Our second trip is to a Sandals in Jamaica to celebrate our 50th anniversary.
    0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW. 50 Years!!!
    That is a milestone.

Quote Originally Posted by rpeachey View Post
    Our main trip is in Jan for 18 days. We could stay longer. Having done 1 week for a few years we believe 1 week is not enough. We try and go a couple of times a year. This year we are going only once. Our second trip is to a Sandals in Jamaica to celebrate our 50th anniversary.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We have to fly 10 hours to get to Aruba. We added more and more weeks until we stayed 5 weeks in 2019. Some years we went twice. But we always rented a house. I couldn’t stay in a hotel or timeshare for such a long period. We just love the quietness of our own porch, garden and pool. And eating out every day is boring as well. I sure hope we will be able to come back to the island in the future. Not sure if that will happen, though.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! 50 years! Congrats!
    0 0