This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: This BLOB is No Issue to Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

This BLOB is No Issue to Aruba

2 private messages this morning asking if this is going to bother Aruba.

The screen shot is from Weather Underground.
    Always very reliable.

The photo is from our local weather channel in Tampa Bay.
    Looks like here in FLA, we may be getting more rain.....sigh.

What this "may do" is suck away the cooling Tradewinds that we all love while in Aruba.

This BLOB is No Issue to Aruba-screen-shot-2019-07-29-9-39-00-am-jpgThis BLOB is No Issue to Aruba-lg_spaghetti-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Let's hope it stays away. I live in the Fort Myers area. We don't need another Irma!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, you guys have been getting even more rain than usual lately. We've been on Aruba when the trade winds were sucked out and it ain't pretty. It's the main reason we go earlier in the year now.

Post Thanks / Like
    The second time we went to Aruba was the week before Natalee went missing- there was nooo wind and even the locals were talking about how hot it was. They said there was a tropical storm in the Gulf of Mexico and it sucked the wind away from the island. We were staying at The Aruba Grand in a casita room- we literally lived in the ocean. Every time my sister comes back from Aruba she says she wishes the wind would go away because it makes for bad hair days and I tell her no you need the wind. PS- her hair isn’t that great on a good hair day
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    what you described about the "lack of wind" is life here in Fla from June thru Sept.
    we cannot walk, we cannot golf and we cannot prance around the house of mouse.
    when we go to the pool daily we are "in" for 3 hours.......swimming, water walking, and ultimately end our time with noodle floating and kibitzing.
    aruba without the tradewinds is like being in Florida in july.

we just had our front lawn sodded (3rd time in 5 years) ..........so now that we need the rain, you can be sure the blob will miss us

Quote Originally Posted by Jayshea View Post
    The second time we went to Aruba was the week before Natalee went missing- there was nooo wind and even the locals were talking about how hot it was. They said there was a tropical storm in the Gulf of Mexico and it sucked the wind away from the island. We were staying at The Aruba Grand in a casita room- we literally lived in the ocean. Every time my sister comes back from Aruba she says she wishes the wind would go away because it makes for bad hair days and I tell her no you need the wind. PS- her hair isn’t that great on a good hair day

Post Thanks / Like
    I would for certain take advantage of the rare opportunity to better explore and freedive the NE shore. Probably still would be quite dangerous however

0 0