This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: Canceling? Procedures? Expectations? Trip Insurance?

  1. #1
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35,861
    Post Thanks / Like

    Canceling? Procedures? Expectations? Trip Insurance?

    Let me start with.........some of the travel insurance policies have a no reimbursement clause mentioning "pandemic" as their reason.

    If you are lucky your resort may have. policy where your monies are refunded.
    Remember, that timeshare maintenance fees are not refundable.

    If you have rented from an owner, ideally you will be given a refund.
    Not necessarily ideally, but a credit to use at another time would be acceptable to some.


    If the government stops flights in to Aruba and the cancling is not your decision...does that make any difference to your refund or credit?
    (meaning that the owner cannot deliver the product)

    This is all very new.

    What have been your experiences so far if you have cancelled?

    Disclosure:
    pandemic is listed as a non refundable reason on my policy.
    (We are renting 2 weeks at LaCabana April 30)
    Our air is in miles so those can be redeposited back into out SWA mile account.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-14-2020 at 09:32 AM.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    As of yesterday we were still planning on leaving March 16th. That all changed when the 2 Corona cases were diagnosed. We went thru all of the “what if’s”. What if the airports closed or if we were quarantined somewhere. Well, let me get back on topic. I called United’s 800 number this morning and it was over a 2hr wait. I went to their website and cancelled online and printed off my credit for future travel (full credit back). Then thanks to Peg saying that Manchebo had changed their refund/change policy, I just emailed them requesting a refund because I don’t know when we can reschedule. I was kicking myself for not insuring our trip but it seems to have all worked out. We’re beyond disappointed but for us it’s the right decision. We’re over 60 and just don’t want to take a chance. Aruba will be there.
    2 1
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,314
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm OK with Manchebo..... a bit concerned about airfare... but still not at the point to consider cancelling out June 30 trip.
    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    6,159
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have not yet decided to cancel although we see it as a real possibility. Both Manchebo and Renaissance have 24 hour no penalty policies in effect so no issues there. Jetblue has waived cancellation fees through April 30th and since we don’t leave until May 5th we’ll hold off and see if they extend it. Flights were booked on points so the only thing we would lose would be the fees.

    It’s all wait an see and hope everyone stays healthy.

    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    4,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're still a little over 5 weeks out. Hotel I can cancel up to a couple of days prior. Delta sent me an email with my options to reschedule/cancel. Timeshare just goes back in the bank for later. I haven't actually paid yet for the car, hopefully Hans will be okay with a cancellation should the need occur. We have travel insurance, but I doubt it will do any good if we have to cancel. I guess our fate rests in the hands of the Aruba government. I won't cancel until they stop flights from the US.


    0 1
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are scheduled to leave in 19 days. We’re watching what the governments and airlines do. As of right now, we have no plans to leave early. If we were to get stranded here, we have a place to stay and the means. We are both relatively healthy, so as much as we wouldn’t want to become infected, we anticipate only the symptoms, much like back in the states. Although our county has no reported cases, as of this morning, neighboring counties have confirmed cases.







    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,314
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    We are scheduled to leave in 19 days. We’re watching what the governments and airlines do. As of right now, we have no plans to leave early. If we were to get stranded here, we have a place to stay and the means. We are both relatively healthy, so as much as we wouldn’t want to become infected, we anticipate only the symptoms, much like back in the states. Although our county has no reported cases, as of this morning, neighboring counties have confirmed cases.
    …..and I frankly feel that there are many thousands of cases in the US that have not been diagnosed yet....
    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    2,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are here to April 1st. We are taking it day by day. We keep having people from home telling us to stay here. We don't know what will happen here now that the virus is on the island. We have no booking until June, so we have a place to stay. There is no cases in our county as of right now. David has a few days off-he was off to attend an EMS symposium, but they cancelled it. I still really worry about him.

  9. #9
    Senior Member rpumpire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    368
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am due to leave for Aruba two weeks from today. In the coming days, I will evaluate whether or not to make the trip.

    As I write this, I am at my resort at Disney World. I was due to be here until Thursday, but I am heading home this afternoon.
    .
    0 1
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member NH Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like
    Having recently returned from traveling outside the country recently and upon returning having had occasion to go to local hospital for routine appointments, my thoughts. I think that the wrong questions are being asked, such as “Have you traveled out of the country in the past 21 days?” and if so “Have you returned from out of the country in the past 15 days?” and if so “What country have you visited?”

    We know that CoVid-19 remains viable on hard flat surfaces for 48-hours. Think of the trays that we all need to place our stuff on at the TSA screening stations. Imagine how many tens of thousands of hands had touched that same tray in the previous 48 hours?

    So, I think that the proper question should be “Have you traveled through an airport terminal in the past 21 days?” By not asking this simple question I think that many folks are carrying, don’t know it, and are being allowed in places they should not be allowed.
    1 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •