This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Carnival

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Carnival

I was just thinking of all of the prep work that goes into Carnival.
    Sadly, no 2021 Carnival festivities including the Grand Parade.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I was just thinking of all of the prep work that goes into Carnival.
    Sadly, no 2021 Carnival festivities including the Grand Parade.
    We were wondering about that, so sad.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know they were thinking about moving it to summer, but I don't know if they are doing that or not. Hopefully, Carnival 2022 will be a huge celebration not only celebrating Carnival but also celebrating a world that is Covid free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got my email this am while the news were saying that all Feb 2021 cruises canceled.
    Even Carnival reps do not know.. I called last night before my final payment. Rep told me NO they are sailing;
    if you want to cancel with no fees you may, but no OBC. I declined.
    Chose 100% refund with $600 OBC if booked by May 2021 and sail by 2023.
    Just check my shares in CLL and it has increase . $23.18 per share (pay half )
    Last edited by brady bear; 12-03-2020 at 12:46 PM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Just got my email this am while the news were saying that all Feb 2021 cruises canceled.
    Even Carnival reps do not know.. I called last night before my final payment. Rep told me NO they are sailing;
    if you want to cancel with no fees you may, but no OBC. I declined.
    Chose 100% refund with $600 OBC if booked by May 2021 and sail by 2023.
    Just check my shares in CLL and it has increase . $23.18 per share (pay half )
    They usually know after it has been announced on the news. I had the same issue with AA earlier this year. They announced no change fees and I called. The rep and the manager said, no it isn't for your dates. I said I saw it on the news. They told me to wait and see. Then I get an email the next day with the same info I saw on the news, so I called back and made the changes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fortunately, we had our carnival this year. It ended just a few weeks before our first covid case. Unlike many other Caribbean nations who have theirs later in the calender year. So, we are thankful for that.

I am totally opposed to changing carnival to the summer time. That period is already reserved for festivals and family vacations. Plus it's just copying other islands which for me is a no no without an actual valid reason. It's not broke, don't try to fix it.
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    Fortunately, we had our carnival this year. It ended just a few weeks before our first covid case. Unlike many other Caribbean nations who have theirs later in the calender year. So, we are thankful for that.

I am totally opposed to changing carnival to the summer time. That period is already reserved for festivals and family vacations. Plus it's just copying other islands which for me is a no no without an actual valid reason. It's not broke, don't try to fix it.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post

We too did a cruise in Feb; on the Horizon; poor Lou caught some resp. infection. (glad it was 2 weeks before it all became covid)
    Now we have to decide take the $100% cruise fair and $600 OBC and book a cruise by May 2021 and sail by 2023
    This affects so many people
    0 0