This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clothing question for this time of year

Post Thanks / Like

clothing question for this time of year

Hi everyone , Just a quick question, Iv been going to Aruba since the late 90s but Iv only gone from Aug to Oct do I need to pack a sweatshirt to eat outside at night ? My wife will bring a light sweater im sure , but I wasnt sure on the air temp at night and if the wind is cooler than the summer. I always have one because I do not like AC so I wear it inside the room at Costa Linda but wasnt sure if I need one outside at night.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We’ve never found the need to wear a sweater or sweatshirt while in Aruba. That said everyone is different and it wouldn’t hurt to pack something just in case

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The "coldest" we've ever seen it is 26-27C (high 70s F). So... if you find 78F cold, you'll know what to do!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We were just there and didn't need sweaters or sweatshirts at night. It was comfortable every night and we were often dining by the water.
    Brian

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop-pop Brian View Post
    We were just there and didn't need sweaters or sweatshirts at night. It was comfortable every night and we were often dining by the water.
    Thank you ,thats what I figured ..Heading there Friday
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a great trip. The Covid protocols were certainly manageable and didn't cause an issue at all. Just make sure you dine on the early side (6:30pm) so you aren't rushed out by kitchens closing at 8:15/ 8:30 due to the 9pm mandated closing times.
    Brian

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The only time you could need a sweater or sweatshirt in Aruba is when you go to a restaurant where the AC setting is set too cold...
    Pierre

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop-pop Brian View Post
    Have a great trip. The Covid protocols were certainly manageable and didn't cause an issue at all. Just make sure you dine on the early side (6:30pm) so you aren't rushed out by kitchens closing at 8:15/ 8:30 due to the 9pm mandated closing times.
    Thank you. we were there in October when curfew was 11 . It was quite strange being back at resort at 1030. My wife made dinner reservations for 645 everywhere. Just took my PCR test negative now all I need to do is upload my card at some point today.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    best thing about Aruba is weather,always same
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Normally I am a human furnace.
    Since moving to a warm weather climate I have become more sensitive to cool/cold temps.
    Maybe too, because I am old.
    (took the dog for a walk at 7:30 am today, it was 68 degrees and I had on a long sleeve shirt and a fleece vest)
    Last 2 Aruba visits I did wear a sweater in a few places where the air-conditioning was frigid.

If you have the room, bring a sweater or a sweatshirt, just to be safe.
    May 6 - 20, 2021 https://photos.app.goo.gl/uPe2KC3P7bqhnpMT8 AIDTM

THINK........ is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0