This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Duty Free

Post Thanks / Like

Duty Free

48 hours to go, but who is counting?

We fly from Philly direct - six adults plus eight grandchildren. What is the consensus on where to buy duty free alcohol? Price is important, but so is convenience. Where have you found the prices to be better? If on the US side, is it worth carrying it through the airports.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We just hit the duty free while waiting on luggage at the Aruba airport. The prices there are much better than anywhere else on the island. I never considered buying it in the US, but I know they deliver it to your departing gate.
    0 0

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have a great time! I don't have any advice, but I am happy to take Walt's recommendation. We always wait until we get to the grocery store, but I think this year we will try the the duty free.

We also fly out of PHL, but we still have 57 days and definitely counting!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we often buy at both...........sometimes the duty free at our departing airport is closed so then we opt for duty free at arrival.
    sometimes the selection is not all that wonderful but it is sufficient with us.
    we got some coconut rum upon arrival last week. sorry, I forget the price but it was in lower than home.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We always stop at Duty Free on arrival, before exiting the airport. We usually grab a couple of bottles of vodka, as it is much cheaper there than any of the stores.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are looking for a specific brand or item best to check on the USA end as sometimes the choices at Duty Free in Aruba are limited. If you don't have preference then Aruba Duty Free is my choice.
    0 1