This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Trip

Post Thanks / Like

First Trip

Since we have been stuck home, I have been digitizing and labeling all of our pictures. Once I got to a certain point, they are mostly already saved on CD or DVDs. I take apart the albums and match up the pictures, label and move on. Well, I am up to 2007 and our first trip to Aruba. By 2007, both boys, then 15 and 16, had really good digital cameras(SLRs). I am ready to pull my hair out trying to organize the photos. They took tons of pictures of iguanas-right now there 376 pictures in a folder of just iguanas and I know there are more mixed in the other folders.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahahahaha iguanas!
    you will have to create subfolders with all of Aruba's wildlife.

Paul always says that Aruba's Iguanas are like USA squirrels.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom always tells me that we don’t need any more iguana pictures. I don’t have anywhere near 376!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    There are lots of pictures of crabs and birds and the Atlantis sub. I got so frustrated last night, I stopped working on it.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    in Aruba I used to lay under a palm tree and take a photo (many photos) looking up.........so the image was a palm tree from a different angle.
    We have many of those under view palms, all in computer folders.

We now live in Florida and I look at palms in a very different way...............they are filthy ugly trees and the ones here are all full of black racer snakes.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-30-2020 at 12:56 PM.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure I have mentioned this before, the only good snake is a dead snake!!!! Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    in Aruba I used to lay under a palm tree and take a photo (many photos) looking up.........so the image was a palm tree from a different angle.

We now live in Florida and I look at palms in a very different way...............they are filthy ugly trees and the ones here are all of snakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its great you are all the way back to 2007 with all the pictures you take.

Post Thanks / Like
    I started with the old pictures first and scanned, labeled, organized and then labeled the digital versions. Now it it mostly taking the pictures out of the albums, labeling them, putting them in boxes. Then I download from the CD/DVD whatever I have saved, which is a disorganized mess sometimes and sometimes things are missing so I have to scan. I label the hard copies, digital, then scan or take pictures anything we saved-maps, restaurants, information, etc. and organize that. After 2011/2012 I don't have too many pictures that are printed and somewhere around 2011/2012 I have everything on my computer because that is when I got a computer with more memory. Once I have 2007 finished, I'll have about 27,000 pictures from about 1912/1913 to 2007 organized, labeled and digitized. I don't know how many I have been 2008-2011/2012, but I do know I have 25,000 on my computer from 2012-to now and I have 17 albums to go through along with stuff Stu now wants me to scan and stuff saved from trips-two decorative boxes+. I figure I can have all the albums done and most of the saved items from trips before we leave for Aruba and hopefully Stu's stuff. The 25,000 on my computer can be worked on in Aruba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

We now live in Florida and I look at palms in a very different way...............they are filthy ugly trees and the ones here are all full of black racer snakes.
    Since we are thinking of moving to Marco island i will not let my wife see this post. Snakes not good!!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    As you can see from my avatar, I seem to have a propensity for Aruba's palm trees. Not a common sight in New England!
    0 0