This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Forbes' article on Hotel (Aruba) Growth

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Forbes' article on Hotel (Aruba) Growth

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobs...I#72da0845285c

an interesting read on hotel/resort growth
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It is an interesting read. Sadly and selfishly I am not overly enthused to hear about all the new projects.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Peg, its way way too much. Unfortunately I believe Aruba will have alot of new visitors but I fear they will lose the regular visitors who come year after year. I know we are already talking about finding a new place. But we will wait and see. If it gets to be too much, though I love Aruba, the Aruba I love might not be there any more and will just be another island. I have been to every Caribbean, Mediterranean, Greek, Tahitian, etc., island and Aruba is the only one I continuously come back to every year. I hope that will remain the case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Way too much building the island has lost its charm and the government has sold out on the Aruban people they are turning into the USA with their money grubbing corporations that have no respect for people and their environment only want to pad their pockets why would you build an adults only resort at BABY BEACH where the locals bring their children to learn to swim in the calm shallow water future doesn't look too good for paridise
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    \I think the coming of these high end chains is exactly the route Aruba should be going now. Bringing in more of the luxury tourism while slowly moving away from the mass tourism. This, after time, will help achieve a better balance. You can't just stop the growth and bring everything to a halt. What you can do is guide that growth to where you want it to be in the future and slowly do away with what you do not want. Unfortunately, this things don't happen overnight for any country and Aruba is no different. People don't seem to realize just how fast Aruba's tourism sector has grown. It went from a healthy amount of tourists to talking about mass tourism in no time.

Also, as far as I know, the hotel won't be coming right on baby beach and they will be remaking the area damaged by hurricane Ivan which will supposedly give an extra 30% beach real estate. Its important to diversify now, because with this mass tourism, you cant have everyone at the same place. The industry has outgrown the hotel area.
    Last edited by Arawak; 02-16-2020 at 04:13 PM.
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    \I think the coming of these high end chains is exactly the route Aruba should be going now. Bringing in more of the luxury tourism while slowly moving away from the mass tourism. This, after time, will help achieve a better balance. You can't just stop the growth and bring everything to a halt. What you can do is guide that growth to where you want it to be in the future and slowly do away with what you do not want. Unfortunately, this things don't happen overnight for any country and Aruba is no different. People don't seem to realize just how fast Aruba's tourism sector has grown. It went from a healthy amount of tourists to talking about mass tourism in no time.

Also, as far as I know, the hotel won't be coming right on baby beach and they will be remaking the area damaged by hurricane Ivan which will supposedly give an extra 30% beach real estate. Its important to diversify now, because with this mass tourism, you cant have everyone at the same place. The industry has outgrown the hotel area.
    Very well said.

0 0