This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Go Fund Me pages

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Go Fund Me pages

Folks, we've been informed that we cannot let folks post "Go Fund Me" pages for any reason. There is just too much liability for the forum to accept. Thank you so much for understanding and please continue your efforts on other social platforms, just not here. Thanks so much.

Walt

2 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Folks, we've been informed that we cannot let folks post "Go Fund Me" pages for any reason. There is just too much liability for the forum to accept. Thank you so much for understanding and please continue your efforts on other social platforms, just not here. Thanks so much.

Walt

I’m not quite clear what type of liability the forum could be subject to by linking to vetted Go Fund Me pages, or any Go Fund Me pages, but I guess that’s your prerogative.

Its great that people can come on here and give tips on Aruba and say how wonderful the island is.
    But this is a serious situation and it is a shame and disappointment that you are not using the power that you have with this online forum to help Arubans.
    We are all affected by the covid19 pandemic, but few of us live in a country who’s economy is 88% dependent on tourism, an industry that is going to take a long time to recover.

Why not point people to a few Aruban organizations that we can donate to?
    The Aruban people have been good to us. Why not help us find a way to show them our love and appreciation?

Post some links.
    Where’s the liability in doing that?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the short answer is we cannot allow monetary crowd funding.
    bottom line is that there is so much fraud out there in the real world, we cannot take the chance and have it here.

this forum is owned and operated by the Aruba Tourism Authority.

you and I have corresponded about this by private message. I advised you to check with different Aruba FB groups and you got the same results. "Nope". Sorry this is not the answer you want to hear.

aLL of us understand and can empathize with Aruba's situation.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMtl View Post
    I’m not quite clear what type of liability the forum could be subject to by linking to vetted Go Fund Me pages, or any Go Fund Me pages, but I guess that’s your prerogative.

Its great that people can come on here and give tips on Aruba and say how wonderful the island is.
    But this is a serious situation and it is a shame and disappointment that you are not using the power that you have with this online forum to help Arubans.
    We are all affected by the covid19 pandemic, but few of us live in a country who’s economy is 88% dependent on tourism, an industry that is going to take a long time to recover.

Why not point people to a few Aruban organizations that we can donate to?
    The Aruban people have been good to us. Why not help us find a way to show them our love and appreciation?

Post some links.
    Where’s the liability in doing that?
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not suggesting monetary crowd funding.
    I’m suggesting that you post links to recognized Aruban organizations to whom forum members can link to directly.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    well, GO FUND ME is monetary crowd funding and that is what Walt, you and I were talking about.

if you would like to post "Established" Aruba charities for folks to donate to (Ex: Aruba Y, Animal Rescue groups, Orphanages) feel free to post those links in OFF TOPIC.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 2