This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Health and Safety Protocols...........News Release May 19, 2020

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    if a person's temperature is not an indication.......why is taking a person's temperature in the screening process the norm?

we took a ride today up to Disney Springs and boy they have the whole screening thing working like a well oiled machine.
    we were required to park in the parking garage. every other parking spot was in use, so the vehicles were physically distant
    there were 2 people at the elevators in the parking garage at the escalators wiping the escalator rails............others taking temperatures....

no mask= no entry

there were lots of Disney cast around cleaning, spraying and wiping, temp taking and reminding folks to spread out.
    we felt comfortable.
    we went into the Basin store......(Paul stayed out as the smell makes him nauseated). I bought my shampoo bars and bought my grandsons their Nemo soap.
    lots of social distancing and no self service.

then to starbucks for an iced coffee.

physical distancing was perfect in both of those shops.

then we sat in the shade and watched people....oh boy was it HOT ad HUMID.
    it feels like july here in fl.

and I felt as safe @ Disney springs (downtown disney) as I do in my house.

our temps were taken 3 x
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 05-21-2020 at 05:18 PM.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get the temperature taking. You can be contagious before you ever run a fever and if you are running a fever, you probably would not feel well enough be out unless it a low grade fever.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I don't get the temperature taking. You can be contagious before you ever run a fever and if you are running a fever, you probably would not feel well enough be out unless it a low grade fever.
    My friend and her husband both had covid. they are in their 30's. he had a temperature and she did not. My SIL had tested positive for covid, she had no symptoms, no temperature. I guess its to make you feel like you are doing something to open but the temperature is only useful if its high and like you said, you probably wouldn't be out anyway