This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoping for July

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping for July

Our furniture is sitting in a storage and we are ready to to unpack and finally enjoy our new place at Gold Coast. I am checking the web constantly and now worried again. If June 15 would have been the opening day the government would already announced the rules. We are in Canada and we were hoping to leave on July 11. Did not buy tickets as nothing definite have been announced yet. If any of you have an inside info, pls let me know if I am being to optimistic - you can send private message. We are willing to take test or whatever it takes, we just want to go.
    thanks
    Anna
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Best of luck. Congrats on your purchase!

Post Thanks / Like
    Our AA flight to Aruba from Charlotte on July 7th returning through Miami on the 17th was just cancelled. Very sad right now.......
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    good luck gortvaan and sorry to read of your dilemma.

my husband was just commenting that if June 15 was indeed going to be "opening day" then it should have been announced by now.so we continue to wait.

Kenny, .........sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by gortvaan View Post
    Our furniture is sitting in a storage and we are ready to to unpack and finally enjoy our new place at Gold Coast. I am checking the web constantly and now worried again. If June 15 would have been the opening day the government would already announced the rules. We are in Canada and we were hoping to leave on July 11. Did not buy tickets as nothing definite have been announced yet. If any of you have an inside info, pls let me know if I am being to optimistic - you can send private message. We are willing to take test or whatever it takes, we just want to go.
    thanks
    Anna
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I could not agree more. I don't think we have a chance for June 15th or July 1st either or they would announce it IMO. Otherwise they are doing more damage to their economy than needs to be. Its hard to be "open" when nobody knows when that will happen so they can plan to be there..most people don't book 2 weeks out IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    good luck gortvaan and sorry to read of your dilemma.

my husband was just commenting that if June 15 was indeed going to be "opening day" then it should have been announced by now.so we continue to wait.

Kenny, .........sorry.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 06-09-2020 at 11:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    We're waiting until the last minute to cancel our July 2nd trip. If we do cancel, Aruba won't be in the plans till at least next year, maybe even longer than that. We want to go in July and see how the island is reopening and what the experience will be like. If that doesn't happen, we will probably go somewhere, but Aruba won't be in the picture for some time. There are many other places we want to go, some here in the US and others in Europe and Asia. We wish the best for Aruba and our friends on the island, but we aren't putting life on hold waiting on the island to open. I'm on travel for work right now, and the folks where I am are practicing good, safe efforts in the restaurants, the hotel and the facility I'm working at with respect to social distancing and cleanliness.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We're waiting until the last minute to cancel our July 2nd trip. If we do cancel, Aruba won't be in the plans till at least next year, maybe even longer than that. We want to go in July and see how the island is reopening and what the experience will be like. If that doesn't happen, we will probably go somewhere, but Aruba won't be in the picture for some time. There are many other places we want to go, some here in the US and others in Europe and Asia. We wish the best for Aruba and our friends on the island, but we aren't putting life on hold waiting on the island to open. I'm on travel for work right now, and the folks where I am are practicing good, safe efforts in the restaurants, the hotel and the facility I'm working at with respect to social distancing and cleanliness.
    I'm anxiously waiting to hear about your trip, so I cannot imagine what it is like for you! I am still holding out hope that your flight lands and you can report on all the adventures.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We are anxious and excited in the same time. We had so many delays and covid is just an icing on the cake. Yeh, cancellation of Kenny's July 7 flight is not a good news.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    There are many counties in Europe that are not allowing tourist yet and may not until later in the year. We were supposed to go to Europe for a month this summer and everything is postponed to next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gortvaan View Post
    thanks
    Anna
    Congrats on your place. I hope you get to go.

We are supposed to go to Florida at the end of August/beginning of Sept. to order new furniture for our condo at Oceania. The plan is to order and have it shipped so it arrives when we are there in January. We are not sure if we will be able to go to Florida or to Aruba. We are thinking about postponing it a year.