This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you know each other? :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I am loving all these answers! I, too, have some good friends that I met online and have had a friendship with for years. Some of those people I have met in person (we used to call them "summits" - ha!) and some I have never met but still talk with regularly, many years later. I love the internet for that reason! That, and the ability to do some gentle stalking...
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I should add my husband thinks I'm insane for having online friends and has to be bribed to plan any in person meetings. I just recently exposed my secret forum life to some good friends of ours who know me in real life and think its hilarious and against my normal personalitywhere I generally don't like meeting new people..
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I should add my husband thinks I'm insane for having online friends and has to be bribed to plan any in person meetings. I just recently exposed my secret forum life to some good friends of ours who know me in real life and think its hilarious and against my normal personalitywhere I generally don't like meeting new people..

Tom has never really been a big fan of the meet and greets but he goes and ends up enjoying himself. Admittedly, there have been a few that felt more awkward but generally after everyone has had a drink the conversation flows!

0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Turkish prisons and toilet seats....
    I wish I had my June Allyson underpants on.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I've met everyone through the forum. There are people we have gotten together with while in Aruba and it has always been a blast. I had someone just stop in at my condo to meet me and I've been stopped by someone on my walk asking if I was on the forum. Everyone I have ever met was awesome. My husband, who has no desire to be on here, loves getting together with whoever is on the island.

Over the past year, I kinda thought, it might be interesting to do a Zoom meeting with anyone from the forum who wanted to do it. We could all have our desired beverages and "get together". It is not the same as meeting in person, though. But now that people are starting to travel, maybe we'll see each other in Aruba.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Over the past year, I kinda thought, it might be interesting to do a Zoom meeting with anyone from the forum who wanted to do it. We could all have our desired beverages and "get together". It is not the same as meeting in person, though. But now that people are starting to travel, maybe we'll see each other in Aruba.

That could be a hoot!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Sweet! What do I win?
    A signed copy of our co-authored book, "Life on the Inside: Turkish Delight and Kebabs as Weapons"... coming soon by DoubleDay Press.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    A signed copy of our co-authored book, "Life on the Inside: Turkish Delight and Kebabs as Weapons"... coming soon by DoubleDay Press.
    Can't wait!!! On the edge of my seat as we speak!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I'd like to order a copy of that, with the pages cut out to smuggle contraband seashells off the island.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    We've met a lot of folks through the forum and meet and greets on the island. Kemperato was the first couple we met at Moomba and then Aruba Curt. I chat often with Kemperato and we meet up with them almost every May. We've also met jayshea, amy, Peg and Tom, Tracey and Jon, Jay and many, many others. Of course we see Andrea and Paul every trip a few times.

0 0