This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many days is the perfect trip?

Post Thanks / Like
    We have yet to find the perfect amount. Our last trip of 39 days seemed to fly by. We just relax and enjoy our escape from our winter months. Next winter we hope to get away a little longer. We have a lot of kids and grandchildren but the bride connects with them almost daily through facetime. We don't have any pets to contend with either, which makes it easier. Our goal is to reach at least three months in the winter and a month in the fall. If the bride gets really homesick we might have to fly home for a week during the winter...time will tell. We prefer the late departure flights. It gives a more leisurely time of closing the condo down before we leave. And we always make sure that we have nothing planned the day after departure, as we ease back in to the daily routine once we get back.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My next trip is only 3/4 days but it wasn’t planned in advance. (This Friday!) My planned summer trip
    is 8 days. For me 7-8 days is enough but I’m finding that I’d rather visit more often than one long period of time. Anything longer would make me worry about work piling up or lead to me working on vacation. If I can ever retire, my answer will change lol

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Anything over 10 days.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is right Nancyg.......we lose days due to travel

there are some that fly the 3 or 4 or 5 hr flight, arrive and are rarin' to go.
    me, not so much.......we arrive, get our errands done and check in and we are wiped out.
    travel days...to and from aruba are non days for us.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    one of the things I love about Aruba for us from going every year is we get there, get the car, go food shopping, unpack, change and go. We don't have to get acclimated to a new place. When we arrive, its like we never left. I LOVE that about Aruba. Even the last day is fine, going to the beach, etc., coming back and going to airport. Though last day I do want to get home at that point only because if we are leaving, i want to be home already. I wish I was like bewitched and can just twitch my nose and be there. That would eliminate alot of airport nonsense, lol...

Post Thanks / Like
    We do 14 days most years. Once I stayed for three weeks, one by myself, and that was too long. We are leaving today for Europe for 3 1/2 weeks which should be interesting. 11 days a bus tour thru Bulgaria, Romania and Serbia. 11 days on an Ireland, Iceland cruise. A few days added in front in Dublin. Will be looking forward to the 14 days in Aruba this September.
    0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds awesome!
    safe travels
    Quote Originally Posted by wannagoback View Post
    We do 14 days most years. Once I stayed for three weeks, one by myself, and that was too long. We are leaving today for Europe for 3 1/2 weeks which should be interesting. 11 days a bus tour thru Bulgaria, Romania and Serbia. 11 days on an Ireland, Iceland cruise. A few days added in front in Dublin. Will be looking forward to the 14 days in Aruba this September.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I've ever said I'm ready to go home. However, our longest was 10 days, so we've yet to have an extended vacation. That darned working for a living.

and maybe a 55th b-day in Aruba, Feb, 2020

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Longest time spent in Aruba was 17 days (and did a few 16 day trips here and there) - and I was more than ready to come home at that point. There just isn't enough to do/keep me occupied for that long of a trip in Aruba when we live in a large city at home and are constantly attending various events every week. I love socializing with our friends in Aruba but I always have to remember that I am on vacation and they are working the next day. So now we are good with anywhere from 10-14 days (12 days seems to be about the perfect number for now) a couple of times a year. Now on our trips to Europe....17 days one year in France and 17 days another year in Italy, 12 days on another trip to Portugal, and last year was 16 days in Ireland....and I was not even close to being ready to come home - so much more to explore and do there.
    Last edited by ~Amy~®; 05-21-2019 at 09:59 AM.
    ~Amy~® -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019 -- Napa: March 2019 -- 38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019 -- Boston: July 2019 -- Paris: Sept/Oct 2019 -- 39th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2019

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We like three weeks or so. That almost eliminates the loss due to travel days. Yesterday we flew out at 2:45, but had a 4 hour layover in Charlotte. That is the part I don't care for, the layover on the way home. We like a later flight so we don't have to hurry around on departure day, but have a nice leisurely trip to the airport.