This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: "ink"

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

"ink"

Do any of you have any Aruba related tattoos?

Have you gotten a tattoo in Aruba?
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    NO and NO!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    No Aruba tattoos but I do have a dragonfly tattoo and they have those in Aruba so it’s kind of related. I thought I would like to get something written in Papiamento like “Live your best life” on the inside of my wrist but never did it.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Not an official Aruba tattoo, but I do have 2 sea turtles on the top of my foot. My friend did get a flower tattoo in Aruba a few years ago. She went to the tattoo place near the McDonald’s on the main road near Soprano’s/Casa Tua. She was so happy with it she went the next year and got a butterfly (same place and artist). She got them done on her last day since she knew she’d have to stay out of the water. They are her only tattoos and they’re small and tasteful. Peg, I’ve been waiting to get a dragonfly tattoo since the pandemic started. Hopefully soon!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney4555 View Post
    Not an official Aruba tattoo, but I do have 2 sea turtles on the top of my foot. My friend did get a flower tattoo in Aruba a few years ago. She went to the tattoo place near the McDonald’s on the main road near Soprano’s/Casa Tua. She was so happy with it she went the next year and got a butterfly (same place and artist). She got them done on her last day since she knew she’d have to stay out of the water. They are her only tattoos and they’re small and tasteful. Peg, I’ve been waiting to get a dragonfly tattoo since the pandemic started. Hopefully soon!
    I got my dragonfly about 20 years ago and still like it. Although I have seen some more beautiful ones since. It doesn’t seem like tattoos are a big thing in Aruba. I don’t think I’ve ever noticed a tattoo shop.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a kitty on the underside of my arm.
    I have considered a shamrock, but I am leaning towards one is enough for me.
    Since I am in the pool every day, I did keep a waterproof band aid on it to keep it dry and out of the sun.
    In Aruba, keeping it dry and out of the sun seems to me to be a real bother.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    No Aruba-related tattoos and have not gotten one there (yet - considered it last time), but I have several.
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    None Aruba related. I did briefly consider getting one the last time I was there, I scoped out a place that is located in the high rise area and they do nice work (from their website which I will try to find). Ultimately, I decided against it as getting a tattoo on vacation is not something I'd carve out time for and the aftercare means avoiding sun and water, which is a big heck no for me.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I got this one on my foot, for my love of all things travel. "ink"-118ed572-0cf8-4fc0-bf6a-8b52d2344379-jpg
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roak4ever View Post
    I got this one on my foot, for my love of all things travel. "ink"-118ed572-0cf8-4fc0-bf6a-8b52d2344379-jpg

What a fun tattoos. Love it!

1 1