This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: kids are finally going

Post Thanks / Like

kids are finally going

Now that my son's gf of 8+ years in back in grad school, they have decided their trips all over the world are done for awhile since she is not working(she does get a stipend plus was accepted into a fully funded MA/PhD program), they are now ready to take advantage of our condo. They are going after her finals/final papers are due the middle of December. Our condo is only available for one of the weeks as the other week still "belongs" to the previous owner for until 2020. They kept sending me places for the second week and sent them places. They finally booked the Pearl for the second week last night. Steve, I told them about your unit, but I don't think they requested it. Last night, through text they started questions about airline and then about car/jeep rentals. We called them and spent probably 45 minutes just talking about rentals, things to do, etc-didn't even touch on restaurants and all the wonderful things to do and beaches to visit. They have booked really goofy flights. She is coming in from Chicago, but he will be coming in for San Fransisco because he will be there on business, so they two different flight on two different days. Going home they are both going to Chicago on the same date, but on different airlines. He needed one more flight to keep his status with United, but American was so much less expensive because of what is available, that she is flying AA. We also had a discussion of adding our son to our car insurance so it can use it in the future and not have to pay for a car rental, so I guess they will be in Aruba yearly now. Today he asked if he should book the same weeks next year. I was so excited for them I couldn't fall asleep. They will be there Dec. 14-29 and we come in on Jan. 6. Maybe once our younger son gets and keeps a full time job, he will get to come down too.

Last Saturday while we were out for the day, NY week was not booked(the previous owners had traded that week for one in June or July) and I talked Stu into changing our flights and going early. By the time we got home, someone had booked it. It would have been nice because the kids could have stayed a few more days by coming back to the condo, but I guess it wasn't meant to happen.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    That's exciting...it's so nice to be able to share your experience with the family.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you introduced them to our world famous Aruba.com community forum? We have almost every answer they need.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Not yet. You know how kids from about age 13 to their mid 20s think parents are stupid? Well the past few months we are now smart again, so I am enjoying it. Once I get them the info they want, I'll suggest this page.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Have you introduced them to our world famous Aruba.com community forum? We have almost every answer they need.

0 1