This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Let Aruba be your WorkStation

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning Andrea,

I've read through these two items a couple of times. It sounds like something to look into.

If you are in a line of work where you could do this type of thing, it's worth investigating a bit further. Working remotely might appeal to a CPA; hey c'est moi!

There are about five islands in the Caribbean which have these kinds of opportunities (See! I actually read these these things.)

I would be interested in seeing if other forum friends have looked into this.

Glenn
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do know that Robin's husband Stu, works from home when they are in Aruba. Also too Schexc works from home too when they are in Aruba.Both of these fine folks have Aruba homes! I am sure that there are more too.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good morning Andrea,

I've read through these two items a couple of times. It sounds like something to look into.

If you are in a line of work where you could do this type of thing, it's worth investigating a bit further. Working remotely might appeal to a CPA; hey c'est moi!

There are about five islands in the Caribbean which have these kinds of opportunities (See! I actually read these these things.)

Glenn
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good morning Andrea,

Glenn
    Stu spends much more time working remotely then I do, which for me is usually only 7-8 hours a week. For what I do, it has been very easy.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Stu does work out of second bedroom and it likes it. I also think he is enjoying working from home since we go back. No traveling to clients, wears what he wants. In Aruba is mostly works in a bathing suit, eats lunch on the balcony and takes breaks in the sun. If he is not busy, he heads to the pool.

Our son Paul and his gf of 9+ years are in the condo for close to 3 months. She is a grad student and classes are on line. She is started to work as a TA and will be doing that online. Paul resigned from his company the end of August and was officially done the beginning of September(they were already in Aruba). He hopes to start a new job sometime next month and will work from Aruba. They are also looking at renting a place beginning in January for two or three months and they will continue to do what they are doing now. Our condo is not big enough to have three people working and learning because they each need their own private space.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Yes, Stu does work out of second bedroom and it likes it. I also think he is enjoying working from home since we go back. No traveling to clients, wears what he wants. In Aruba is mostly works in a bathing suit, eats lunch on the balcony and takes breaks in the sun. If he is not busy, he heads to the pool.

Our son Paul and his gf of 9+ years are in the condo for close to 3 months. She is a grad student and classes are on line. She is started to work as a TA and will be doing that online. Paul resigned from his company the end of August and was officially done the beginning of September(they were already in Aruba). He hopes to start a new job sometime next month and will work from Aruba. They are also looking at renting a place beginning in January for two or three months and they will continue to do what they are doing now. Our condo is not big enough to have three people working and learning because they each need their own private space.
    Maybe you should look into the Penthouse It’s only a couple floors up
    Last edited by schexc; 09-25-2020 at 07:12 PM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Maybe you should look into the Penthouse
    Only if Publisher's Clearing House shows up with that $10,000,000 check.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, you mean the one they sent to me? It bounced!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I just received an email about Aruba workstation from Aruba Happy Rentals. They are giving discounts starting at $1,200 per month. I wish! My company has all employees working from home until end of July 2020.
    0 0