This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Lionfish Snack Shack. Saturdays. 12 - 7 pm

  1. #1
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,811
    Post Thanks / Like

    Lionfish Snack Shack. Saturdays. 12 - 7 pm

    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Th...1!4d-70.005032
    click above link for the map of Lionfish Snack Shack

    Do your part in helping the extinction of Lionfish, an invasive species in Aruba's waters...
    but good eating...................

    Open only on Saturdays Noon to 7

    also copied to culinary
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    1 0
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    3,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll get there...

    https://thelionfishsnackaruba.com/

    And ladies, they even have jewelry... Who doesn't want some lion fish bling!

    https://thelionfishsnackaruba.com/li.../how-its-made/
    Last edited by schexc; 11-26-2022 at 10:27 AM.




    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 1
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    8,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    We'll get there...

    https://thelionfishsnackaruba.com/

    And ladies, they even have jewelry... Who doesn't want some lion fish bling!

    https://thelionfishsnackaruba.com/li.../how-its-made/
    I have a few fish pins but they’re not made from an actual fish!!! Not sure how I feel about that.

    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,440
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on Peg who would not want a pin made from fish on their shirt- Hmm? Lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I have a few fish pins but they’re not made from an actual fish!!! Not sure how I feel about that.
    Trip 38 booked for Feb! Cant wait.







    0 1
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    459
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for telling me about the lionfish problem, I had no idea. Do they really taste good?
    I hope so because I will be glad to support their efforts. Those are some really freaky looking fish.
    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,811
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is delicious
    it is white and mild

    Those that eat the Lionfish are doing the waters of Aruba a huge favor.
    Those spiny creatures wreak havoc on the reefs.

    Google "spearfishing Lionfish Aruba" and watch some of the fascinating videos.

    Quote Originally Posted by flpctc View Post
    Thanks for telling me about the lionfish problem, I had no idea. Do they really taste good?
    I hope so because I will be glad to support their efforts. Those are some really freaky looking fish.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    459
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I did look them up and thankfully there are divers helping to get rid of them. What a bonus they are edible too.
    I plan to support them for sure.
    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member Kent-ArubaBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    palm beach, mangel halto for snorkling
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Daughter, Friends and I have shot over 5,000 lionfish, since the beginning. You ask if its helping? We use to kill 60 to 70 lionfish on a single dive. Now its 2 or 3 on a dive. I think its making a differance. I am the guy that cleans all these fish and its the best fish we have ever had. They are not huge, so the fillets are small.
    1 5
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    8,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent-ArubaBob View Post
    My Daughter, Friends and I have shot over 5,000 lionfish, since the beginning. You ask if its helping? We use to kill 60 to 70 lionfish on a single dive. Now its 2 or 3 on a dive. I think its making a differance. I am the guy that cleans all these fish and its the best fish we have ever had. They are not huge, so the fillets are small.
    It certainly sounds like you are making a difference. Thank you!!

    0 0
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    459
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent-ArubaBob View Post
    My Daughter, Friends and I have shot over 5,000 lionfish, since the beginning. You ask if its helping? We use to kill 60 to 70 lionfish on a single dive. Now its 2 or 3 on a dive. I think its making a differance. I am the guy that cleans all these fish and its the best fish we have ever had. They are not huge, so the fillets are small.
    WoW that is incredible....5,000 gone from just your group !!
    What's really amazing is the huge difference that this has made in the population of these undesirables and to the sea environment.
    A BIG Thanks to all the lionfish hunters. I really look forward to trying the fillets, sounds like they are good eating.
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •