This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Looking forward to less BS

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to less BS

We are so looking forward to the "escape" to Aruba in a couple of weeks!
    Sometimes one does not realize the need for the escape, but boy Paul and I are ready.

Aruba will be saving us from lots of nonsense going on with our POA/HOA board that is problematic here in our community.
    Corruption and 3rd grad behaviors.

Aruba will keep us distracted and help us not obsessing with the situation in Washington DC.

Aruba is an escape and a respite !

Does Aruba help you escape from reality, even for just a short while?

"Aruba........where reality gets put on the back burner"
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    In general< I try to focus on a small circle, in Aruba it's even smaller

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed! We just want a break from an active sport schedule, a break from friends and family - sorry but need that too sometimes. Need a break from the daily/weekly grind with commutes and work, need a break from opening bills in our mailbox - lol Just typing this I'm getting stressed - need a Balashi!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We’re jumping some hurdles to get there this trip. Like you Aruba is an escape. It really is the only place I ever feel I can totally relax and clear my head. I like your statement Andrea, “Aruba... where reality gets put on the back burner”! We really need that this trip!!

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a good "relaxer". I take after my grandmother; she never sat down. I have a hard time sitting down. I'm always finding something else that "needs done". But on vacation, boy, do I sit. It takes me a couple days, but once I get in the chill mode, I finally relax.

Right now, we are 10 days out from vacay. I'm have a list here at work of everything I want to get done before we go, but nothing really stress worthy.

Hubby has a more stressful job as he has quite a bit more responsibility than me. He really needs our upcoming trip.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes and this year I really need a break. Have been working non-stop (even though I am part time) have had 3 different positions since I was hired in Feb. (most recent was a promotion). Also, our center has moved a week ago to a "temp" location which is a church for 2 years while our new old bldg is torn down and new one built on same location! I work at a Senior Center. I have been emptying closet after closet (think the previous person had a shopping problem) packing boxes, unpacking boxes, donating items, tossing items, only be told we now do not have enough space so tossing more items etc. My neck, back and brain really need a break. 2 huge functions, this week Vet's day celebration next week Thanksgiving. I have my December/January activities already planned so i don't have to worry about it on vacation.

16 more days!!!! I too can't wait for my first Balashi and amstel bright

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Aruba is the ultimate break from reality, however; any trip can ease the stress. Our trip to Alaska did that for me as the time before was so stressful that I had to go on meds. If we had gone to Aruba, I probably would have totally de-stressed by the time I would have been unpacked. When I get stressed I look at my pictures and read trip reports. Last week when both my washer and dryer broke within two hours of each other, I read SCHEXC trip report more than once.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We should all carry a sign at our departure airport that stated the “BS ENDS HERE”

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    1 6

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes! Time to relax and reconnect with my husband. We are so busy all the time and pulled in so many directions, our annual Aruba trip is a time to just have fin together without worrying about everything going on at work and at home.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Most Certainly!! The moment the aircraft is about three minutes away from Aruban airspace I start to feel relaxed, its the one place where I can go and not be reminded of regular every day type stuff that I have to deal with. I can sleep in as long as I want and sit around knowing that I will not be interrupted by anyone or anything.
    0 0