This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Marriott Surf Club Tip

Post Thanks / Like

Marriott Surf Club Tip

We just picked up out friend last night from Aruba. They had a great time. I asked her how the morning papala seating worked out at the Surf Club. She said they hooked up with a morning vendor to have 2 umbrellas ans 4 lounge chairs set up right in front of the water each day they were there. No hassles at all and it was worth it for the $30 per setup. We were thinking, if we got up early or reserved a front row papala if we would like people sitting in front of us. What are your thoughts?
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    30 bucks is cheaper than what the Surf Club charges for front row. There are a lot of self entitled, better than the rest of us folks that think they own the beach. I really don't care, I'm not that front of the line, me first kind of guy. If I can see the water I'm fine. We go down and get a free palapa when we feel the need for a microderm abrasion session. But this is a highly debated subject, and there are folks that get quite worked up about it. They provide the free entertainment for the rest of us more laid back travelers. I'm sure others have a different opinion.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree Walt
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as nobody is under my palapa when I return to it I am okay. There was one women who jumped into my palapa and was using my towels when I went for a swim...I was not gone more than 10 minutes- My shoes were there etc... I could have lost my mind on her but I kept in control and just cursed under my breathe, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just like to chill back row at la cabana under the trees full view of everything best spot to people watch
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I never care about front row. My preference tends to be midway between the room and the water.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually prefer the one of the back rows as I like quiet when I am relaxing on the beach....the last few times at the Boardwalk there were tons of people near the palapas and not nearly as relaxing as I would prefer it to be.