This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MN Snowbird ready to leave chaos

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for the responses and getting excited.
    As much as I complain about internet with my kids it's amazing how helpful it is when you plan a trip. Already found a skate park for my son. Go figure.

Anyone know where I can rent/buy bikes for kids (mountain bike or beachcruiser) I see Facebook Marketplace but not much. Any kind of "swap" aka Garage sale there in Aruba? I will be there about a month and I don't want to ship anything there..Maybe I can wheel and deal with a local? It doesn't need to be fancy...I just need them off my back while I am working. LOL

Also is DePalm island closed? Looking forward to Snuba and kids slide if it was open..but I understand Covid may have shut this.
    We will bring our own snorkel gear for snorkeling. DePalm was my favorite place years ago.

Thank you to everyone for your threads I have been reading regarding entry,testing, weather etc. all very helpful!!!!
    Such a crazy time we are living in but as one person said, "In a world where you can be anything- Be Kind."
    Amen.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you go to www.depalmtours.com you can read what is open at this point.
    the island is closed for "day trippers" but is open for the sea trek or snuba.

where will you be staying when in Aruba?
    riding a bike in Aruba is not particularly safe for kids unless you are in a very quiet neighborhood.
    if you are flying SWA they do have large boxes where a child's bike can go, and it counts as 1 checked item.

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieMN View Post
    Thanks everyone for the responses and getting excited.
    As much as I complain about internet with my kids it's amazing how helpful it is when you plan a trip. Already found a skate park for my son. Go figure.

Anyone know where I can rent/buy bikes for kids (mountain bike or beachcruiser) I see Facebook Marketplace but not much. Any kind of "swap" aka Garage sale there in Aruba? I will be there about a month and I don't want to ship anything there..Maybe I can wheel and deal with a local? It doesn't need to be fancy...I just need them off my back while I am working. LOL

Also is DePalm island closed? Looking forward to Snuba and kids slide if it was open..but I understand Covid may have shut this.
    We will bring our own snorkel gear for snorkeling. DePalm was my favorite place years ago.

Thank you to everyone for your threads I have been reading regarding entry,testing, weather etc. all very helpful!!!!
    Such a crazy time we are living in but as one person said, "In a world where you can be anything- Be Kind."
    Amen.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good point- maybe I don't want the worry of the bikes since we will be downtown in the city (not out in the country)
    My boy is not the best at looking LOL
    I would love a bike to get to grocery store,,,etc. We shall see.

At least we can still make it to De Palm island, That was the best snorkeling I have been to and hoping to return.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    did you check dePalm's site?
    I do not believe they are open for snorkeling yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieMN View Post
    Good point- maybe I don't want the worry of the bikes since we will be downtown in the city (not out in the country)
    My boy is not the best at looking LOL
    I would love a bike to get to grocery store,,,etc. We shall see.

At least we can still make it to De Palm island, That was the best snorkeling I have been to and hoping to return.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you find a place to rent?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just received a text from my friend who works for DePalm and she says that currently ONLY open for Sea Trek and SNUBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    did you check dePalm's site?
    I do not believe they are open for snorkeling yet.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for checking- ! We will stick to the Snuba
    My son can do Sea Trek- (that looks crazy!)
    0 0