This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: New Aruba Countdown - Begin February 12, 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    113 days!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    75 more days until Aruba for us! Amsterdam Manor has currently gutted all of their rooms for a major overhaul since there no guests to disturb (just a few Dutch marines and U.S. medical personnel staying there right now.) Can't wait to see the new kitchens, bathrooms, new bars, etc!

But first...a trip to the San Juan Islands for a little Orca watching in 2 weeks - been to Seattle and various areas of Washington many, many times but the San Juan Islands always remained on the bucket list until now.
    I went to the San Juan Island a few years ago and love it. I had pictures of these 2 Orca's that came out of the water which unfortunately I lost when my hard drive crashed and I did not back up files. My brother lived in Spokane Washington at the time so I spent some time in Spokane going to Cordelane Lake in Oregon, Spokane Mountain and then we spent some time in Seattle and did the San Juan Islands. You will love it!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    loved the San Juan islands!
    we have been a few times.
    some magnificent whale watching.
    oh no, too bad that you lost it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I went to the San Juan Island a few years ago and love it. I had pictures of these 2 Orca's that came out of the water which unfortunately I lost when my hard drive crashed and I did not back up files. My brother lived in Spokane Washington at the time so I spent some time in Spokane going to Cordelane Lake in Oregon, Spokane Mountain and then we spent some time in Seattle and did the San Juan Islands. You will love it!
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Good to hear! We are spending a few nights each on two different islands so will be great to relax, hike, orca watch, and go to some fantastic restaurants at night. Washington has always been like a second home to me.

After this trip and 2 weeks in Aruba in Nov., I still have 17 vacation days left. LOL! I can roll over some but not all. Debating between extending the Aruba trip 2 or 3 more nights and/or going over NYE. We have traveled to most of the U.S. over the years so looking for some off the beaten path places. I am excited to be back on a plane again!
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    62 days and counting. Waiting for the warm breezes blowing through my hair and the cool, aqua colored water on my toes!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got my PTO approval (now I don't have to quit..)
    only a short 4 weeks from today we will be arriving in Aruba.
    0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    We are about 235 days away from our trip next April/May. That's a long time... too long. We were really bummed out about missing Aruba this year so I got on the computer last night. I searched and searched for first class flights using American miles and was rewarded with two r/t first seats for just 85K miles each. And I booked it. So instead of ~235 days, it's now 88! Yes, we are going to Aruba from 11/28 - 12/12! We're thrilled!

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy CRAP
    WOW

WOW
    WOW
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We are about 235 days away from our trip next April/May. That's a long time... too long. We were really bummed out about missing Aruba this year so I got on the computer last night. I searched and searched for first class flights using American miles and was rewarded with two r/t first seats for just 85K miles each. And I booked it. So instead of ~235 days, it's now 88! Yes, we are going to Aruba from 11/28 - 12/12! We're thrilled!
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Holy CRAP
    WOW

WOW
    WOW
    I know... we're so excited!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Nice Walt! I'm hoping I can make it in December 12/12 to 12/19. You leave 12/12 so maybe as I land I will peek at the gate and see you at the crying room. LOL. That is if I go..
    0 0