This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Testing Requirements Effective Jan 18 2022

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

New Testing Requirements Effective Jan 18 2022

https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements

We want to share an important update about your upcoming trip. To help ensure the safety and well-being of all our residents and visitors, the Government of Aruba continually assesses the overall environment related to COVID-19 and modifies a variety of health and safety protocols, as appropriate.
    Latest news: Aruba is working on changing the entry requirements effective January 18, 2022.In summary: residents traveling to Aruba from a location listed as high-risk (including US and Canada), will now have the option to take an antigen test one (1) day or a Molecular COVID-19 test two (2) days prior to traveling to Aruba. Take note that since December 27th, 2021 residents from high risk countries no longer have the option to test upon arrival.
    The information on these pages will be updated soon to reflect this change. Please check back.
    Additionally: If a traveler is traveling via a high risk country as a non-transit passenger, meaning staying in the respective country for more than 24 hours, the requirement of a one (1) day antigen test or two (2) day PCR test prior to departure shall be applicable. Transit passengers, those staying less than 24 hours, from low risk countries can continue to test three (3) days prior to departure date.
    Visitors 12 and older, who have tested positive using a molecular Covid-19 test by nasopharyngeal swab between 10 days and 12 weeks prior to travel date to Aruba, and do not show any symptoms, will be exempt from the requirement of providing a negative COVID-19 test result for entry to Aruba. Take note that Aruba has reduced the amount of days from 14 to 10 days. As part of the mandatory Embarkation/Disembarkation Card process, these visitors will, however, be required to upload proof of their positive Molecular COVID-19 by nasopharyngeal swab test result taken between 10 days and 12 weeks prior to travel date to Aruba.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. We are set two days before for a PCR, but I have a cousin coming in Feb and it really may help him and his family.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    this change will help MANY.

the proctored antigen testing are easy.

this is the news so many have been waiting for.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I’ve only tested for travel to Aruba (Walgreens Abbott ID Now), where does one get an Antigen test? I’m sure it still has to be scheduled online and results come back quickly like the Abbott ID Now? Assume Walgreens has Antigen too? Or are these tests taken at home? I’m sure Aruba website will be updated with acceptable brand tests. Thank you.
    Last edited by Colette M; 01-17-2022 at 09:27 AM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements

We want to share an important update about your upcoming trip. To help ensure the safety and well-being of all our residents and visitors, the Government of Aruba continually assesses the overall environment related to COVID-19 and modifies a variety of health and safety protocols, as appropriate.
    Latest news: Aruba is working on changing the entry requirements effective January 18, 2022.In summary: residents traveling to Aruba from a location listed as high-risk (including US and Canada), will now have the option to take an antigen test one (1) day or a Molecular COVID-19 test two (2) days prior to traveling to Aruba. Take note that since December 27th, 2021 residents from high risk countries no longer have the option to test upon arrival.
    The information on these pages will be updated soon to reflect this change. Please check back.
    Additionally: If a traveler is traveling via a high risk country as a non-transit passenger, meaning staying in the respective country for more than 24 hours, the requirement of a one (1) day antigen test or two (2) day PCR test prior to departure shall be applicable. Transit passengers, those staying less than 24 hours, from low risk countries can continue to test three (3) days prior to departure date.
    Visitors 12 and older, who have tested positive using a molecular Covid-19 test by nasopharyngeal swab between 10 days and 12 weeks prior to travel date to Aruba, and do not show any symptoms, will be exempt from the requirement of providing a negative COVID-19 test result for entry to Aruba. Take note that Aruba has reduced the amount of days from 14 to 10 days. As part of the mandatory Embarkation/Disembarkation Card process, these visitors will, however, be required to upload proof of their positive Molecular COVID-19 by nasopharyngeal swab test result taken between 10 days and 12 weeks prior to travel date to Aruba.
    But what about visitors?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good catch- I don't see it either?
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    But what about visitors?
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Good catch- I don't see it either?
    I saw that too, but figured it was on a site for visitors so, I took it to mean visitors.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am waiting for clarification ...I believe it is a typo

2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe they mean residents from high-risk locations. A lot can get lost in translation.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I am waiting for clarification ...I believe it is a typo
    That’s what I was thinking.
    0 0